people stealing wheel center cap covers

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I remember back in the days where people used to tell me that you couldn't keep your wheel's center cover on cause people would pop them off and steal them off your car's wheels. Is this STILL true?, and do YOU GUYS still have yours on your wheels?

are you guys afraid of leaving yours on your wheels cause of people out there like that?

it's somewhat of a silly question but i'm asking this cause i'd really like to leave them on and drive around with them but i don't need some bunghole stealing mine's off my ride. or it's going to be whoopass time!!!.

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine don't come off unless you take the wheel off and do it from the back. Also the person would need a key for my lugnuts, which probably not that many people have. I don't worry about it, but anything is possible.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did it to the 2002 ex....i needed one for my si wheel... im not proud of it but i did it and i did it with a small flat head...

you can also use a suction cup. So yeah there isnt anything stopping someone from taking them....

Brian Spilner

Banned
BlackHope121 said:
i did it to the 2002 ex....i needed one for my si wheel... im not proud of it but i did it and i did it with a small flat head...

you can also use a suction cup. So yeah there isnt anything stopping someone from taking them....
you stole a f**king hubcap? thats f**king lame rofl...ever heard of ebay.

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He probably stole it off some grandad who doesnt care about how his alloys look so mad props to ya =)

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh s**t I thought he was talking about the centercaps to rims, not hubcaps. s**t my hubcaps are held on by the lugnuts

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread is confusing :lol:

Are you talking about center caps or hub caps?

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
This thread is confusing :lol:

Are you talking about center caps or hub caps?
Look at the thread title 'people stealing wheel center cap covers'

:roll:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a set of 1st gen Integra 14's on my Prelude. Someone stole the center caps off that...they actually look better without them :what: I traded them for a set of 5gen EX steelies with plastic covers (my tires were real bald! The guy had 4 brand new XP2000s on the steelies) and someone tried to steal the plastic covers. Broke the edge off before he figured out they were held on by the lug nuts....Idiot.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...and then the thread goes on to talk about hub caps :slap:

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha ha ha ha h thats some bak in the 70's bull s**t people steeling hub caps.... you need to stop wathing starski and hutch...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rolakers said:
mine don't come off unless you take the wheel off and do it from the back. Also the person would need a key for my lugnuts, which probably not that many people have. I don't worry about it, but anything is possible.
It's not that difficult to figure out how to get rid of your locking lugs either. I'm sure it's the same way mine were dealt with when my blades were stolen (and the entire car - NO I do not keep my key in the car). You just kind of bang the socket over the locking lug. Might mess the socket up, but who cares, you just got free wheels.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sure they could probably be stolen but I really don't think it's that common of a problem that you should worry about it. If they were to get stolen they arent that expensive to replace either. (Reminds me I want some Honda center caps for my blades)

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh locking lugs not working IS a big problem... here anyways.

It's not hard AT ALL to get them off.

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stealing somthing small is somtimes more tempting caused you think it means less and people won't care? but i dont' believe in stealing anything caused it's not worth it to change my morals now. but it happens untill you learn not to do it sooner or later i hope. But to the thread never heard of people jackign the center cap.

if your really worried you can take off your wheel and then super glueing the caps or jb weld them?

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lmao, i wouldent take crap for anyone elses car, or mess with it in any way. it just one of those things you dont do cause itll get back to you. super glue them

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coupebarsfsr said:
you stole a f**king hubcap? thats f**king lame rofl...ever heard of ebay.
it was a center cap..not a hubcap.. and yeah i have heard of ebay

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had some a*****e steal all my valve stem covers on my last civic.