Not open for further replies.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Photography Contest Abandoned Structures - Voting!!!!

Please choose from your favorite below!

As a reminder...PLEASE do not reveal yourself or the owner of the photograph!!!! Also, no form of cheating will be tolerated!!!

I will set the poll to end in 14 days. The winner's name will be announced at the end. Good luck to all contestants!

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOT'S of contestants this go around!!!! Looking forward to voting! I hope we get a lot of votes!!!!! =)

I can't pick one at the moment... I'm gonna sit on this for a while.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn. Some really good shots. Have a tough decision. Good luck to all of the participants.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#2 is pretty dope!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#2 is amazing!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I shoulda done multiple choice. I wanna vote for more than one :lol:.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally decided to vote for #2. Even though the bottom of the pic is underexposed/dark, I like how the brighter colors were captured in the middle of the shot along with the stars in the top of the opening in the middle. That and there was almost no noise to the picture which is great for a shot like that.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kinda wish I would've had the time to enter this one. There are some abandoned limestone kkilns still around I could've snapped a shot of. I can't vote on my phone so ill have to wait.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I encourage you guys to give some constructive criticism. Why you like or don't like each photo.

After some thought, I'll go with #4. I was going to go for #2 but I just can't get over the dark foreground. The stars add a nice touch but overall I enjoy #4 the most due to composition.

#1 has a nice mystery to it but it's not so much an abandoned structure. #3's fence is somewhat distracting and a CP filter could've helped dim the sky to make the main subject pop a little more. #4 could've used a CP filter as well but the composition is nice and the highlights aren't TOO blown to make it THAT big of a deal. #5 has the main subject cut on each side. Zooming out a little more could've helped and I'm not a big fan on the tilt. I like the subject in #6 but it's taking up too much of the photograph IMO. Backing up a bit to fine tune the composition could've made it better IMO.

Last edited:

Platinumcloud

i went with #1 liked the composition, and the grain i thought added to the pictures.....the door open a lil i think would have made it way better and i like how the perspective was changed. almost went for #4 but it looks like the vibrance was jacked way up or its a poorly made HDR image. which leads me to ask is everyone here using a properly calibrated monitor photos? if were not were not looking at the images properly.....just a thought O_o

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
10 more days of voting!!!!!!!

which leads me to ask is everyone here using a properly calibrated monitor photos? if were not were not looking at the images properly.....just a thought O_o
It's funny you say that... On my monitor, those images look perfectly normal. But on my work computer, they all look blue-ish. And one of the local photographers that posts on a local forum, ALL his photos always look really blue but he claims to be on a calibrated monitor.

Platinumcloud

It's funny you say that... On my monitor, those images look perfectly normal. But on my work computer, they all look blue-ish. And one of the local photographers that posts on a local forum, ALL his photos always look really blue but he claims to be on a calibrated monitor.
You can calibrate a monitor for a multitude of things, properlly calibrating a monitor for photos is making your monitor match what you print, (on a good printer, not your standard home printer)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was between #1 and #2. They both had a certain mystery to them that drew me into the picture. With #1, I could tell it was an abandoned building just from the door, and really wanted to know what the rest of the outside and inside looked like.

With #2, you could get a feel for the interior of the building, but it didn't tell the whole story. I could see what looked like a loudspeaker, hinting to the building's past, and I wanted to know more.

In the end, #2 gave me just a teaser taste of the mystery - enough to draw me in more. I also really liked the variation in luminance and the variety of yellows. #2 got my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.