pic coilovers height adjustment issue

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys I have pic coilovers on my car and I was trying to raise the car a bit so I can stop scraping the fenders with the wheels when i turn.

so after I had the wheels off I loosened the bottom collar and tried to move the shock to raise the car but it wouldn't budge! I also pb blast everything and let it soak for a few minutes before I started working on them.

I'm thinking I might have to remove the 14mm fork bolt to let it have some play or remove the whole assembly????

any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the shock isnt going to do anything. on the coilovers, are they adjustable? thats where you raise your car at, not through the shocks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ :werd: , if they're adjustable, you'll typically see something similar to this:

Notice that the spring sits on two adjustable thingys (I forget what they are called, blame it on the alcohol... :roll:), anyways, those are sitting on coilover sleeves that are threaded, and can be spun up or down, thus raising or lowering the height.

If that IS what you have, and you can't get them to budge, try loosening the lower one first, then adjusting the one that the spring sits on. If it's dirty, get a can of compressed air and try to clean the threads of the coilover sleeves.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea it looks like that and yes the are height adjustable and yes I cleaned and lubed the area up before I tried

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just move the lock collars up? you dont need to mess with anything else.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take a torch carefully to it, they are probably seized up. you also need to have it raised enough to not have to push against the spring. you wont win that war

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no threads look fine when I grab hold of the part where you need to turn it just doesn't budge would loosening the 14mm bolt help at all?

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine were the same, I just bought new sleeves for them. they arent expensive.
Really how did you order replacement parts? I THINK I AM JUST RIDE on these till I have some money for the progress coils