Picked up an EG for a future K-Series Swap

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
THIS FIRST POST HAS ALL OF THE CURRENT IMAGES AND THE STATE OF THE CAR.

1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback: Before

Wilwood Brakes:

FedEx stopped by...order from Hybrid-Racing.com.

For the Supporters:

For the Haters:

More updates, gutted the passenger door:

Fabbed up the latch release, needs some fine tuning and finished edges on the handle and hole in the door.

No Fenders, bumpers, sideskirts or molding:

Engine Closeup:

Pics before the car gets its cage.

Weight Reduction

Fuel Cell, Fuel filters, battery cutoff switch, and reloc box.

Final brake assembly with Skunk2 Camber plates.

The glass is all out. I'll be doing the last of the weight removal clean up this week and then it's body prep time.

Well, I decided to save a few bucks (a few hundred for that matter) and paint my own car.
Started with this:

I primed it with Rustoleum Automotive Sandable primer. Sanded it down, and put on 3 coats of flat black. The pictures below look bad since the car is still drying from me wet sanding it. I couldn't wait since it was getting dark. There are a few places I want to go over, but for $100, I could care less.

This is not a show queen, so if you don't like it, that's fine. I'll still whoop your ass up and down the 1320...and look GOOD doing it. ;)

Pic of the completed rear end and the motor almost completely stripped.

Seat looks good along with the shifter. (I'll be marking it's final resting spot soon.)

Shifter cables, Hybrid Clutch line, and relocated rad with Karcepts mounting kit.

Motor disassembled ready to be shipped out for the last bit of work....I can't wait to fire this bad boy up for the first time.

Here's the template for the gauge panel.

Header/Exhaust Ordered

SSR/DTR unit

K-Series.com Decals

Brakes, Shocks and Springs installed.

That's 11 months of tear down and build up so far. wow....

Steve

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good platform to start. Hideous color...

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friends call it the transexual teal

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha transsexual teal.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
good platform to start. Hideous color...
turbo95eg6 said:
my friends call it the transexual teal
ya, you two suck...

j/p. body looks good. goodluck with the project, keep us updated

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Taller gears in a 5spd would be better than shorter 6. I want to shift less.

Steve

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank goodness most of those hatches had no power steering or A/C in the first place cause the K-series swap doesn't allow for it. LOL! Just one reason I would never swap a K.

Kihun_Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same plan as here
but not k-series unless s**t price goes down like hell or i win a lottery
planning to do b20block wit b18c1 head
and striped and suspension set up and all disc around

right now i got messive body damanage..
and runnin wit 1 spare tire
f**k!

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love it when people have a plan list instead of a mod list. I understand that you just got your car but how many people's list actually make it all the way? Really?

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:
I love it when people have a plan list instead of a mod list. I understand that you just got your car but how many people's list actually make it all the way? Really?
Umm..I'm not your average "enthusiast".

Interior's almost completely stripped. Brakes and suspension are being decided on as I type this.

I already have a boosted EP3 and I'm the owner of K-Series.com. Don't worry, this isn't a pipe dream, it's only a matter of time.

*edit: Forgot to add that I already have the 5 spd trans. I'm working with Quaife, Avid Racing, and Exospeed to build this car (just to name a few). I don't post unless it's a sure thing.

Steve

Last edited:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep us updated, i'm interested in all the race ready stuff....

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:

yup....thats why I always roll my eyes when people say s**t like "future b16 turbo coming this summer"

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I make plan lists.. but my plans arent amazing.. haha.. but anyways, nice little hatch and your plans sound nice.. hopefully it will all go down becaus then that would be one hell of a nice hatch..

cRis

OMG LSVTEC BAAAAP!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ive seen that ep3 before, my friends owns one, so he shows me every ep known to man. as for the hatch, nice pick up, hope the k-series goes well. i would suggest a frankenstein however. pick up a k24, from the newer crv's, and drop a k20 head on it.... new school ls/vtec. mad sik yo... lol. but yea, we got plans down here in vegas for one of those too. good luck on the project. updates asap!

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"new school ls/vtec".. lol.. that sounds like a good idea! but might be too complicated, because i dont think that its as simple as drilling a vtec oil line and doing machine work on the block to make the vtec head fit. Could be alot harder than it seems.

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm picking up a K20a2 for the initial swap while we (vendors and I) decide what will be the best combo. We all like the K24 block, but hood clearances and custom pistons/rods might be a painful side effect.

Either way, it's gonig down, don't worry. =)

Steve

k20whitevic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's good to hear about a serious build up, for a K series engine. I'm from Minnesota, and there aren't many people here yet who even think twice about it. Please keep us updated!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
k-series said:
...and much, much more.
much much more money too. GL I hoep the best for ya.

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
much much more money too.
Ain't that the truth!

Luckily I'm working with some great tuners/shops and doing all of the labor myself. Tuning the beast afterwards will be a very painful experience though. I'm guessing a full day of K-Pro tuning at the least. $$$ ouch....

=)

Steve