Picked up Skunk2 LCAs

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got around to ordering a set of LCAs. After much debate and pondering, i ordered the new style of the skunk2 LCAs, which has a 3-way adjustable tension for the sway bar. It came in today and i will be putting them on this weekended as well as my 19mm GSR sway bar.

Reason for buying LCAs:
1. My current stock EG LCAs do not have a hole for adding a sway bar.
2. I've had a sway bar sitting in my apt. for a long time now.

It's not just for looks and BLING!! it serves a good purpose now. btw they are beefy as f**k!

***********************************************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************************************

INSTALLED PHOTOS

Skunk2 LCA
Skunk2 Lower Tie Bar
OEM 14mm GSR Sway Bar

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooooo get ready for seized bolts baby! Gotta love them!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man they look hella sweet! Post pics when the are installed!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seized Bolts? lol you wish.
your eg is going to be riddled with them throughout the rear end...

the inners on the LCA's are usually fine, however the 2 outers (the bolt that attaches the lca to the trailing arm, and the lower strut bolt) haha, good luck...

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your eg is going to be riddled with them throughout the rear end...

the inners on the LCA's are usually fine, however the 2 outers (the bolt that attaches the lca to the trailing arm, and the lower strut bolt) haha, good luck...
Haha no way. I dont live in Colorado so it aint gonna be cold enough and theres no rust so it aint going to seize up. Also cause ive taken them out several times. Once to replace the coilovers and shocks, another time to go from drums to disc and now to replace the entire LCA. NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER!!! lol. my car loves me. I hope :lol: also those previous times, i had air tools ;) still no problem with just using a breaker bar and good old fashion brute strength.

Anyways....

Today i spent all day just working on my new suspension and cause it was raining, it took me awhile. i replace my stock LCAs with the new Skunk2's and painted & installed my rear sway bar. And wow!! Loving it! Also had to put my stock exhaust back on cuz of my new lip that will be gonna on ;)

I notice an improvement instantlly right when i went off the drive way and onto the street. Took a hard left turn and then right, WOW!!! what a difference. My handling improved temendously. I love it.

Photos of the install to come....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dang, those will be sick bro..!

:thumbs up

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha no way. I dont live in Colorado so it aint gonna be cold enough and theres no rust so it aint going to seize up. Also cause ive taken them out several times. Once to replace the coilovers and shocks, another time to go from drums to disc and now to replace the entire LCA. NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER!!! lol. my car loves me. I hope :lol: also those previous times, i had air tools ;) still no problem with just using a breaker bar and good old fashion brute strength.
colorado is actually one of the better known states for not having rust... but ok

my chassis had 210k miles on it when i did the rear suspension, and it had been done before without problems (as it was lowered previously)... i ended up just ripping out the whole rear trailing arm assemblies, and lower control arms to go with rear disc and i was getting new lca's anyway...

The bolt was so stuck in there, that a 1/2" drive ratchet, and a 4ft breaker bar, just bent the lower control arm (twisted it) and didnt even budge the bolt...

every car is different, and maybe you'll be a lucky one... it doesnt matter where you're at, its a KNOWN problem with EVERY honda on the planet.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice choice in setup. Suspension is oh so important imo.

every car is different, and maybe you'll be a lucky one... it doesnt matter where you're at, its a KNOWN problem with EVERY honda on the planet.
its true. I live in cali in 80-90 degree weather year round and had TWO seized bolts, on a 99 with 150k.

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problems for me then. wOOoT for me. ;) 92' FTW!

installed:

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats looks sick man, i hate thats rotted out bolts wen i put my suspension in they put me out of commission for almost a week, a 5 hour job turned into a week and i was forced to buy aftermarket LCAs. hey question for everyone..you putting energy suspension bushings in those skunk2 lcas improve it at all?

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That does look hot... I have the LCAs too and not only did I notice a dif. but they look good too...

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Installed Photos on first post.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do i spy some hids there? ARe you still on the dropzones?

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wana see this car in real life. I still never made it out to a norcalcivic meet, shame on me.

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which slot did you install the sway too on your LCA's? Outside, middle, or inner?

Young Link

Banned
Those are some sexy LCAs. Not to mention, the pictures look professional :thumbs up. They look f**king sweet. How much did you pay for them?