Picked up Skunk2 LCAs

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its hard to tell in the pics, are the lca's baremetal with clear over them or metal colored with clear?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suspension looks hott!

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write up bro...is that a oem 19mm GSR rear sway????? the gsr's only came with stock 14mm rear sways. Or is that off a GSR but aftermarket?? If its really a aftermarket 19mm bar, you shouldn't be running it without a rear subframe brace. Either pick up the beaks kit or asr subframe brace. You dont want tear your subframe bro.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
good s**t man, i should be looking into new lca's as well but dont have the cash

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whao s**t dude, buy some jackstands. I have had a car fall on me, it's no fun. Looks great though. Props to you for no broken bolts and nice parts.

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which slot did you install the sway too on your LCA's? Outside, middle, or inner?
I couldnt find any info about the different tensions on the 3 holes so i just stuck them both in the middle for now. it works.

its hard to tell in the pics, are the lca's baremetal with clear over them or metal colored with clear?
No, not the clears, i have the Hard Anodized ones. They are the middle set in the photo.

nice write up bro...is that a oem 19mm GSR rear sway????? the gsr's only came with stock 14mm rear sways. Or is that off a GSR but aftermarket?? If its really a aftermarket 19mm bar, you shouldn't be running it without a rear subframe brace. Either pick up the beaks kit or asr subframe brace. You dont want tear your subframe bro.
i thought it was 19mm stock but after looking it up myself. your right. it is 14mm stock. its stock painted red. thanks for the info. editing my first post now. eventually ill pick up the 22mm sway and get the ASR subframe. but for now, this will do.

Skunk2TS

5+ Year Member
Chow,

Thanks for purchasing our products, glad you liked them!

I figured this would be a good oppurtunity to show some board members here some of the features and benefits of our LCA's

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sell me your stocks for cheap.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
skunk2 in the house, did i mention i'm looking for a sponsor? lol

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed the 2nd Gen Skunk 2 LCA's as well. One thing to mention about the install though. When you are putting in the end links you must first screw them into the LCA's. Since the LCA's are pre-threaded, its not like the stock arms where you can just push them in and then ram the nut on. This frustrated the hell out of me, I ended up putting and taking off the endlinks about 4 times because of this, and the first time i had them on backwards, then tryed to hang it without screwing them to the LCA's first. Take them back off again, then put them into the LCA's.

Also, if you are using stock Endlinks, prepare to face the fact that they will never come back out again unless you are going to cut them apart and put in aftermarket ones. Using all the proper tools, I still stripped out 3 of the 4 allen wrench holes in the endlinks trying to get them screwed in/taken apart.

Over all though, I am very pleased with the LCA's themselves, besides the above, install was easy, needed alittle minor persuasion from the dead blow to get the bolts into the hubs, but that was it.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that thing is tight man

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up w/the muffler change 1/2 way thru?

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
StreetEuro99;2052305 Also said:
Word. I also had to attached both endlink bolts into the LCA and then mount the D-brackets for the sway bar in order for it to work. It was a little bit of hassle but i figured it out. Also i didnt strip any bolts because i use stock endlink bolts that were 17mm (i think) and they screwed right into the LCA from the endlink. no problem :D

whats up w/the muffler change 1/2 way thru?
i had the aftermarket muffler on first, i took it off because i knew the type-r style lip i would be putting on will be touching the lip. then i wanted to see what it would look like if it was still on along with my new LCAs and sway bar. In the end i went back to stock cuz of the lip.

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, just from sighting it by size, I would say no. Mine where the same size at the stock LCA's and the whole are in the same place. So, in theory, they should not help at all with camber since they will place the suspension in the same geometry it was in before you replaced the stock ones.

I will say though that the Ingalls rear smart arm I was able to put my rear supsension back to factory spec. I know I could have cheated with the washers/bolts trick. But I must admit, these things look sweet with the wheels off, and everyone that has seen them wants them now. Besides the fact that they allow for a very simple adjustment.

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet thanks for the info, i want the Skunk's, but i'll havta check out those ingalls too.