picking new coilover please help!

DMOBB

hey guys need some help i have a 95 ex coupe and im looking into buying a new set of coil overs....im tight on cash so im looking at 2 brands either raceland or rokkor.....just looking for some honest opinions on how the ride quality is or any problems you've had thanks in advance for the help!

death the kid

both are trash. just save up and buy at least something halfway decent.. go with some fnf's or something, or bwr if you have to cheap out.

DMOBB

@ thedarkone....do u know if either of these have a s**t ton of bounce? i have nex coils on my car now and i hate them cuz of that....im sorry i really new to all of this :oops:
@death the kid...i know they arnt the best but the current coilovers i have now are shot =[ i only daily i never track so thats why im lookin at lower end....i mean anything out there for like 500? thats the most i can drop right now

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Look at the megans. They're cheap and a good ride. I have them on my lexus.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

DMOBB

ive thought about those but there still a little pricy for me....anyone know anything about god speed coils? read some things about them people say there the same as megans...........anyone know also about the bounce of either raceland or rokkor?

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
ive thought about those but there still a little pricy for me....anyone know anything about god speed coils? read some things about them people say there the same as megans...........anyone know also about the bounce of either raceland or rokkor?
Il pm you tomorrow or this weekend about them. Ive heard nothing but great things about them and their customer service. The lower you go the harder it gets, i only plan on going an inch in the front and rear. The racelands are a great d.d. coilover setup from what ive read. So i bought them, they should be in and installed tomorrow im hoping. Dont listen to the HATERSSS! hahaha no dig at you death the kid.

Check this link out!
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/ultimate-raceland-coilover-review-91245/

DMOBB

Il pm you tomorrow or this weekend about them. Ive heard nothing but great things about them and their customer service. The lower you go the harder it gets, i only plan on going an inch in the front and rear. The racelands are a great d.d. coilover setup from what ive read. So i bought them, they should be in and installed tomorrow im hoping. Dont listen to the HATERSSS! hahaha no dig at you death the kid.

Check this link out!
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/ultimate-raceland-coilover-review-91245/
thanks man i would love to know how they are! please lemme know when u get the time....and im lowering to about the same height i am now which is a 2 finger gap so yea im not doing anything super crazy...DD and "spirited" driving haha

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
thanks man i would love to know how they are! please lemme know when u get the time....and im lowering to about the same height i am now which is a 2 finger gap so yea im not doing anything super crazy...DD and "spirited" driving haha
:/ they wont be in umtil next monday. No one around here wanted to do it. And i didnt want to void the warrenty. If you have time i will pm you then. I also d.d. Mine about 130 mi a day so im not going crazy haha just some "spirited" driving hahaha thats all.

death the kid

Check this link out!
No offense taken. I just think they suck because I've ridden on them plenty of times. They're crap and nothing more. I almost got them 2 years ago. If you look around you can do budget and quality. Its not "hating " LOL. I know he's in a bind but ill look around for something for him if he's up for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

DMOBB

:/ they wont be in umtil next monday. No one around here wanted to do it. And i didnt want to void the warrenty. If you have time i will pm you then. I also d.d. Mine about 130 mi a day so im not going crazy haha just some "spirited" driving hahaha thats all.
yea if you wouldnt mind keeping me updated i would really appreciate it!

DMOBB

No offense taken. I just think they suck because I've ridden on them plenty of times. They're crap and nothing more. I almost got them 2 years ago. If you look around you can do budget and quality. Its not "hating " LOL. I know he's in a bind but ill look around for something for him if he's up for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
how many sets have u had? and i have about 450 now so i can kinda step up my game a little more and yea if it wouldnt trouble you i would appricate the help :oops: im still really new to all this so im kinda like uhhhhhhhhhh

death the kid

how many sets have u had? and i have about 450 now so i can kinda step up my game a little more and yea if it wouldnt trouble you i would appricate the help :oops: im still really new to all this so im kinda like uhhhhhhhhhh
ridden on 3 diff sets. 1 in vw, one on an e36 bmw, and the other an ek hatch. they are for looks more than anything. i would do what everybody else says and just buy a nice shock and sleeve combo. that way you can at least piece them together if you don't have the funds now. where are you located? if you have 450? i'd just be patient and get some Fnf type 1's for like $630 shipped on ebay. they ride nice for what you pay. hell i'd even go with bwr. they can be had for 589 shipped on this forum.

emerican

Registered VIP
save the money and go with some of the higher suggested brands theres no reason in spending 450 to not have a ride your happy with or have to replace them within no time.

death the kid

save the money and go with some of the higher suggested brands theres no reason in spending 450 to not have a ride your happy with or have to replace them within no time.
amen..... trust us on this one. suspension is that thing you do want to do right.... your life literally depends on it.

emerican

Registered VIP
tis true ^ there are just some things that i would never take the chance on. Even though there are good reviews for the cheap brands they usally go about 50/50 or 60/40 for good and bad reviews.which means you can spend 450 and maybe be good or spend 450 and theres a 50 percent chance that you will end up with something your not happy with and all your money you saved gone. so just save the cash and get a well known heavely good reviews brand.

death the kid

people are too concerned with being slammed for cheap.
1. slammed doesn't necessarily equal better handling than oem
2. cheap shouldn't be your main concern with suspension. most of the people giving the reviews are by no means experts and their main plus about the package is the price. oh "these ride great because all i know are ebay sleeves and blown factory suspension" so of course this cheap stuff rides great... not saying you need to spend $1000 but certainly don't buy something because it's cheap and will make you low.

DMOBB

tis true ^ there are just some things that i would never take the chance on. Even though there are good reviews for the cheap brands they usally go about 50/50 or 60/40 for good and bad reviews.which means you can spend 450 and maybe be good or spend 450 and theres a 50 percent chance that you will end up with something your not happy with and all your money you saved gone. so just save the cash and get a well known heavely good reviews brand.
people are too concerned with being slammed for cheap.
1. slammed doesn't necessarily equal better handling than oem
2. cheap shouldn't be your main concern with suspension. most of the people giving the reviews are by no means experts and their main plus about the package is the price. oh "these ride great because all i know are ebay sleeves and blown factory suspension" so of course this cheap stuff rides great... not saying you need to spend $1000 but certainly don't buy something because it's cheap and will make you low.
sorry for the late response guy.....thanks for the advice i guess i will wait cause i wanna have a better set of coils then the ones i have now.....and i have no interest in slamming my car lol im equal function and form i wanna go inch & 1/2 at most....have either of you had any experience with f&f? im looking at them and ive been reading alot of positive reviews about them so ill probably save up for those