Pics of my car after theft recovery

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put it this way. it could be worse.
but yeah... i know where you're comin' from.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mr.Luder said:
i wanna know about the grill
We've seen plenty of cars get their front ends stolen and have the front ends replaced with the theif's old one. I hardly think this is unusual.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
We've seen plenty of cars get their front ends stolen and have the front ends replaced with the theif's old one. I hardly think this is unusual.
i think what you said is different that your current situation however...there are plenty of money makers on your car that are easy to take off and do not leave a trace, like your cf hood....its just weird as hell that they wouldnt take this...

this sounds like someone who knew you had it, wanted the engine but because they probably knew you, and knew insurance money could get you another engine, they decided to not f**k you over completely and leave you everything else but the engine.

this looks like those 2 for 1 deals in the store....someone jacks your s**t so they can have one too knowing youll be able to get another one with insurance money...too fishy, for even the dumbest thief would take the hood.

EDIT: search around online for engines being sold with seller being from around your area...the smart thief would not put that engin into his car but would sell it..use the money to buy the same but different engine. and then he can come out in public and say he saved enough money to buy a swap.

EDIT: i would look into people who had recently talked about getting a swap...this is what a thief who had planned to take your engine would do in my opinion. they are setting up the situation before the crime takes place so their swap does not come as a surprise because it makes people think they had been planning a swap even before yours was stolen.

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry to hear about it man but honestly you got alot back. is your hood mess up? kinda looks tweek in the picture. well i think it's time for you to post in the for sell thread maybe?

:edit: LOOK FOR ANYONE WILL YOUR OLD GRILL IN VSM. looks like they swap grills with you and look for your fogs. if you ask around to see who used to have the grill on your car they replace with, you migth find them

PhantomEJ8

JDM member
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
i think what you said is different that your current situation however...there are plenty of money makers on your car that are easy to take off and do not leave a trace, like your cf hood....its just weird as hell that they wouldnt take this...

this sounds like someone who knew you had it, wanted the engine but because they probably knew you, and knew insurance money could get you another engine, they decided to not f**k you over completely and leave you everything else but the engine.

this looks like those 2 for 1 deals in the store....someone jacks your s**t so they can have one too knowing youll be able to get another one with insurance money...too fishy, for even the dumbest thief would take the hood.

EDIT: search around online for engines being sold with seller being from around your area...the smart thief would not put that engin into his car but would sell it..use the money to buy the same but different engine. and then he can come out in public and say he saved enough money to buy a swap.

EDIT: i would look into people who had recently talked about getting a swap...this is what a thief who had planned to take your engine would do in my opinion. they are setting up the situation before the crime takes place so their swap does not come as a surprise because it makes people think they had been planning a swap even before yours was stolen.
I agree 100%.. exactly what i said.. look into it man.. doesnt sound right
it only looks like 2 things to me.. someone knew you.. or it was an insurance job..

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow that sucks bro i hope u get everything fixed up..they took ur engine, headlight bulbs, grill and foglights...wtf?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i know you said you werent going to buy it back.... but f**k that! you could probably buy it back for less than you could get for all of the aftermarket parts

like everyone said, it was an odd theft job.. but atleast it's in your favor somewhat

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i know you said you werent going to buy it back.... but f**k that! you could probably buy it back for less than you could get for all of the aftermarket parts

like everyone said, it was an odd theft job.. but atleast it's in your favor somewhat
I am probably going to buy it back and put the orginal D16 engine in there and sell it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dawrenn said:
I am probably going to buy it back and put the orginal D16 engine in there and sell it.
It would give you a nice down payment for your next vehicle

i remember you saying you were getting something nicer... but face it, when we're talking about a civic.... "something nicer" is a VERY general term :lol:

OMGWTFLOL

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn, some weird s**t is going on. sorry to hear about ur ride but it could have been worse.

jaypee0930

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's f**kd up bro...I feel like i wanna kill whoever stole it if someone did that to me

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude that sucks big time, but i had my whole civic stolen from me and i never saw it again. i lost everything... atleast u have something to work with. If i was you bro, check into that s**t man... investigate a little. if you find who did it all of us cc members will come there and beat some @ss!!!!

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That totally blows dude. Like everyone one else on here, it looks like they knew what you had and just took the most important part of your ride, its heart.

Deadhead

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dawrenn said:
Well... good luck with that. Selling a salvage titled car is not going to be an easy project. I say keep the car and boost the D16.

Either way, something is wrong with this picture, and i wish you the best of luck in the future.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow they cleaned house!!! sorry for your loss,hopee things works out for you in the end

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is so SAD...your car was one of my favorites.....so clean and simple.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wierd that they tookd your ac and everything, its like they wanted to rebuild their engine bay. :???:

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a shamr, I wish cops would find these assholes