pioneer indash dvd bypass

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup guys.. i just got the pioneer AVH-P5700DVD..... i want to know if anyone has pictures of how to bypass it i heard you just unplug a wire but if anyone has visuals that would be great thanks

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont unplug any wires, take the wire that they tell you to run to the parking brake, and do just that...now i know what your thinking, but stay with me. make sure to leave a good amount of slack.

now take a wire, and find a good ground. run this wire to where you want a switch(you need a switch on this model)

then cut the wire that goes tot he ebarake, and solder it to a switch as follows:

this way, you can have it work like normal, as well as bypassed...to get video to work, flip switrch back, and forth, so it ends connected to ground.

get switch at radioshack.

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry for the quick drawing, you said visual,. so I threw it into paint!

93CivicCustom

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jus run the ebrake wire to any constant ground ..thats how we did it on mine

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from what I can tell the early production of this unit allowed to go straight to ground. The one on our display and a few others that we installed ran this way.
Later models coming from pioneer seem to need a pulsing of polarity to allow video to go into the screen. IE brake on off on. Hence if you have a newer model it can not go straight to ground. Mercuryrisings picasso like drawing is very correct

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gettin it done at tweeter and the guy told me that you can bypass by a simple wire being unplugged but i dont noe if can get the switch and do it maself. i have no idea how to.. can i bypass it after he installs it? or is that guna be hard

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o and do u noe wut the switch is called.. like if i go to radio shack wut do i ask for

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
make it easier for yourself. a two position switch. i connected mine both to ground. just flip the switch everytime u want the video to work.

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that works too, just my way, you can make it work the way it was supposed to.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mercuryrising said:
that works too, just my way, you can make it work the way it was supposed to.
u r correct... but i dont see a point to it. im sure not many ppl care for it to work correctly... 99% of ppl wanna have it play while drivin...

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo guy but im gettin it done at tweeter.. so i dont think he'll put the switch in for me... so is there another way to bypass it other than usin the switch..or is it possible for me to put the switch on after the guy installs it "legally"

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It is possible to install the switch after tweeters does the install. It is just the green wire that is going to your e brake that need to have a switch put on it.

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if they install it, find that green wire, and snip it, then you can go my route, which allows you to have it work like normal incase you dont want certin people to know it is bypassed, or just run the end of the wire coming from the deck straight to ground, then throw a switch that opens, then closes the citcuit...I dont see why a normally closed momentary switch wouldnt work, press it a time or two to break the ground, then let go and your set.