Pioneer or Alpine

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
I am trying to decide between a Pioneer head unit or an Alpine head unit. now i have used pioneer since owning a car 4 years ago, but have been looking into Alpine head units because i have heard good things about them. i have heard good things about pioneer too. so anyone recommend one over the other for any reason? Pioneer or Alpine and why?

This is the Pioneer headunit.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/Pioneer/DEH-P7100BT

And this is the Alpine.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9886

Thanks in advance.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i heard alpine isnt what it use to be, like the quality of it has went way down, pioneer has been great, and still great, id prolly just get pioneer, and play it safe

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive had both...my alpine got stolen and I went with a Pioneer. Love both of them. I do enjoy my pioneer a little more though with the features. It comes with an Ipod Adapter and cable for free, where as the Alpine its like an extra 79.99 or something. And the pioneer seems to have more ability to tune the sound better with more high/mid/low's, "Slam", Bass adjustments, subwoofer adjustments and frequencies...etc...so I like both of them, but probably go with pioneer at this point. I do like the look of the alpine a little better, well the older versions anyway

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
yea kinda what i thinking is sticking with pioneer. i had an alpine that came in one of my cars and didnt think anything of it so just gave it to my brother and he been using it ever since. but good to know that alpine is not what it used to be.

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
not to throw another one in the mix but i think i going to go with a pioneer, but cant decide now about the one i posted or the DEH-P9800BT this one looks awesome!

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
For some reason, I find alpine is good for advance users who want the best out of their radio! I don't like alpine that much because its hard for me to get the settings right! I got pioneer and I say its FTW!

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For some reason, I find alpine is good for advance users who want the best out of their radio! I don't like alpine that much because its hard for me to get the settings right! I got pioneer and I say its FTW!
Unless you spend over 400 dollars for an Alpine, that statement is completely inaccurate...all the low based models $200-300+ dont even have crossovers for use of tuning your bass between your subwoofer and speakers. For another couple hundred you can get a ballin' pioneer double din with Nav/DVD/MP3 etc

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I prefer Pioneer, but to be honest a headunit is a headunit...you can do pretty much the same on a stock one...

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alpine hands down. Also, the Alpine has much better support as far as processors (h701 and pxa-100).

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alpine hands down. Also, the Alpine has much better support as far as processors (h701 and pxa-100).
For extra hundreds of dollars you can get the processors yes....I dont think hes looking for show quality sound. Looks like he just wants something to play cds, etc...so for the money pioneer would be better suited.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've owned one alpine and prob 5 Pioneers. All the Pioneers got stolen except one.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive never used alpine but i did have a pioneer for a few years. didnt really like it that much and ive had 2 kenwoods since then. try looking into kenwoods i have this one right now i love it (1st one got stolen). if you listen to your ipod alot id recommend something like this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18384_Kenwood+KDC-MP642U.html

its got direct ipod hookup (no accesory purchase needed, use your usb ipod cable) and direct ipod controls
seperate sub controls, and 3-band eq where you can change the frequency and the level for each band. it also has alot of other little features here and there that i really like

if all you really car about is the ipod features id say this is a great buy compared to the 2 that you have listed cause its almost half the price

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
dont get me wrong pioneers are great i love mine but my friend has alpine ant the sound quality is amazing