piston and I/C question

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i found a set of used JE pistons for 175. 10k miles. just curious if its worth picking them up or not. heres a couple pics

next question is about mounting the IC. i can fit it behind the support if i move the horn but i was just curious as to how some of you guys running the bigger IC have them mounted

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
did he say what kind of abuse the pistons took ??? like how much hp ?? why did he pull them out of the motor??

just move your horn lol.... i know i had to move my horn to get my IC to fit..i also had to cut the bumper support

AE Motoring

5+ Year Member
get pictures of the piston skirts and the rods bearing ends

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1

as far as the FMIC, you can mount it anywhere.. some ICs are diff shapes and sizes, so youll prob need to trim here and there.

I have the Mishimoto Z line and i have it bolted up to the support, but on the bottom.. I had to cut a hole on top to drill the hole for the bottom and to screw it on. but the possibilities are endless

edit; nice to see you goin boost! :thumbup:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
comp ratio is 9:1. i will talk to the guy and ask some more questions and look them over really good before i buy them. i believe he is selling them due to going to an NA build.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had to remove my bumper support to fit mine

EG-HATCHIE

______Get Blown______
5+ Year Member
my ic fit cherry cause its only 7" tall... but it looks like its 20" tall cause how clean i did it. I dont want a ridiculous front mount just for 14lbs, I want it small and f**kin efficient !

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
guy that s**t is clean. i would love to do something to that extreme but i dont have the time to have the car outa commision.
hehe thanks bro =)

ya it took about a full week to do it...luckily i wasnt working so i had some free time lol

my ic fit cherry cause its only 7" tall... but it looks like its 20" tall cause how clean i did it. I dont want a ridiculous front mount just for 14lbs, I want it small and f**kin efficient !
LOL my ic is like 7" tall too and i still had to cut it to make it fit... but then again i drive a 91 civic...