Piston /bearings/seals need to be replaced in my 95 civic cylinder #2

Bigmeech45

mechanic said it would be about 850 bucks to rebuild, im waiting for the call back either 2moro or monday. I have to ask him does this include replacing all 4 cylinders or just 1. The motor has 175k on it what do you guys suggest? Should i just have him replace the one if thats all it needs? If he only says it needs 1 piston rebuilt should i tell him to rebuild all 4 or what? Im afraid in the long run what if this happens to another piston does that mean i have to pay another 850? Should i do a motor swap id honestly say my budget is around 1500 max but id like to hear opinions. Let me know please

95coupeEX

I know this is a late response but if you haven't had it done yet....with $1500 you could probably pull off an ls swap or a b20 swap if you do it right, find parts at a junk yard or a wrecked car with one in it and use it. $850 should be to rebuild the whole thing, and if he says he's going to just do the one piston and bearings then don't do it. If you're going to tear the bottom end down and pull the crank to do the piston and bearings then you should always do bearings and seals too. Also I'd ask if the $850 included parts and labor because you'd have a few hundred just in parts to rebuild it unless he used ebay parts and you don't want to do that.