pistons and rods????????????

VTECtunning

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 2000 Honda Civic Si B16A2........... If i get some pistons and rods would i be able to use these stock crank????and if i do use the stock crank will i still get some power out of it??????????what type of pistons and rods should i get??????????i am planning on geting a vortech supercharger after i get the internals done and the cams....also i am wondering why i ran a 16.0 in 1/4 mile every time i ran.....and i have DC 4-1 Header and a 5zingen cat back, and a K&N Short Ram intake.......

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
VTECtunning said:
also i am wondering why i ran a 16.0 in 1/4 mile every time i ran.....and i have DC 4-1 Header and a 5zingen cat back, and a K&N Short Ram intake.......

you are a crappy driver.

as for the internals.. if you have to ask if you can still use the crank, then i highly suggest you start with basic engine theory before thinking about building your motor.

HS-POKEY

My suitcase was vibrating
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah......i agree with ^^^^^^^....but a cheap build up would be CTR pistons on your stock rods and crank......they will increase the comp ratio to 11:3.1 i believe...not a bad pickup for $190 plus rings....rings usually go for around $100 sot for $300 you get a nice high comp motor....

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like stated you can get the ctr pistons or the itr, either one will give you gains. and as for you 1/4 don't be too shocked. the last time i went to rockfalls raceway a whole bunch of b-series swaps were running mid 15's to low 16's. it's either you got a shitty stock motor or you can't drive, pick one.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you may need a little more practice on driving, when your at the tracks, try asking other people for tips. also if your going to go boost later, its not a good idea to go high compression pistons and wild cams. later on when you boost you will have to get new lower compression pistons and boost cams.

if you go N/A dont waste your time and trouble putting CTR pistons on a b16. they are not good pistons to put in a b16. they will raise the compression to 11.7:1 but the pistons will be sticking out the hole due to the short deck height of the b16. To get them in corectly you would have to rip out the block and hone the cylinder walls and also have to modify the rods for them to fit. go aftermarket pistons, they are forged unlike oem. get some Wiseco pistons and IB spec rods or eagle H rods. if you want stock piston that can be put in easily is the jdm P30 pistons that will bump your compression up .2

you will have no problems with the crank, so dont worry about that.

Last edited:

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some je low compression pistons and some eagle rods.

About the time probably you just arent use to driveing at the track, that seems like a popular time to run in si's for some reason but the two peple that i know persnally in there stock 00 sis ran a 15.6 and a 15.8.

VTECtunning

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so if i get a supercharger will a vortech be good. and if i dont get any internals will i be able to push 8 psi without any problems??????

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont get a supercharger its not wurth it, you will not see the gains you wnated turbo will be cheaper and faster.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont do anything, i can guarantee that if you mess with your motor very much you will blow it up.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best charger out is the vortech. its a very good supercharger. someone i know did 13.9 and a 99 si with just the votech and fuel pump. very good chellanger for turbo. i seen most turbo still doing 14s in a b16. just learn, read and ask questions. since you got a si, check out clubsi.com if you need any good tips or info.

Last edited:

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats ur elevation should be the first question before critique comes into play

Inigo Montoya