Please help! Brakes wayy too stiff and wont press down

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was cleaning up the engine bay so i removed only a select few hoses and disconected only a few plugs. I really dont think i touched the brake componants at all accept for that one hose next to the brake cylinder that connects to the intake manifold. (d16z6)

My brakes were perfectly fine prior to this so its more than likely somthing i did. The brake pedal will barely move even when i turn the car on and can barley stop.

I checked the vacuum line (even though i really didnt touch it.) Its a hard line and its still connected. I am having no idle issues my idle is at 750-800 like it usually is. There is plenty of fluid in the resovoir.

I cant think of anything else..

What could make my brakes not be able to press down?

2fast

Internationally known
5+ Year Member
lol, did you check if there's anyhing behind the pedal? Your brake lines probably caught some air....

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you tried bleeding your brakes yet? i would try this first and see if it solves the problem. I've never heard of this happening before so i too would like to know what the problem is. bump 4 a answer.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
X2

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Problem solved.. Apparently the large diameter vacuum hose that sits next to the brake master cylinder can not be reversed. There is a valve inside the hose that allows air to flow one way

Go figure learn something new everyday....