Please Help - Fuel Pump Kill Switch

AliLaPointe

5+ Year Member
I have searched the forums and have come up with info on every single civic out there except for the 8th gens. This will be the third civic forum that I post in to try and get an answer. A simple DIY on how to wire a fuel pump kill switch for an 08 civic coupe would be REALLY helpful. Again, im sorry to ask a question for something that has seemingly been answered in other posts, but I have not been able to find the necessary info for my 8th gen. Please be kind to this noob and help out.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
to be honest, I haven't seen this in an 8th gen yet...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think he's afraid of someone stealing his car...so he's trying to take some measures against it.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont even know what the point is.
if they somehow get past the immobilizer theyll drive your car away. if theres no fuel than the theif isnt going anywherrwith your car.

the factory theif proof s**t is pretty good. you can still get a key from the vin to get in the car but the chip needs to be programed to the car. unless the theif has a HDS i dout hes gunnna get it

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they're not going to drive off with your car geesh.

they only way they're going to steal it is towing it or some other method or pushing it in neutral, or picking it off the ground somehow. a killswitch is totally pointless..

it's funny to see people that don't know anything about the immobilizer the car comes with and put a steering wheel lock thing everytime they park the car.

AliLaPointe

5+ Year Member
Are you positive that an 8th gen cant be driven away? This would make it so that I could be a little more comfortable at night.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you positive that an 8th gen cant be driven away? This would make it so that I could be a little more comfortable at night.
to make you feel better, alot of techs at my job have tried to get past this but cant. honda wont release how to do it because if word gets out to the wrong person the immobilizer is useless. the only way is the way i said earlier. honda diagnostic system

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get what done..you were just told you dont need to do it, the immobilizer does it. and if they know how to get past that, a fuel cutoff switch will not do the trick.

and if you dont know how to wire one yourself, i wouldnt even bother going into the electrical system to do it.

AliLaPointe

5+ Year Member
You dont NEED to change the headlights on your car or the emblem right? but its something that you WANTED to do correct? In any case, added layers of security cant hurt. I do agree with you about the electrical system and im looking into that right now.