Please Help Me

Black92

5+ Year Member
Ok, i just put a brand new battery in today and the battery light is blinking and when ever i stop the car shuts off and when ever im going the car bogs like hell. Is it my alternator, is it is where can i get instructions(internet) in putting one in. Thanks

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its 2 bolts man, the hard part is getting it out from behind the engine

drive the car up to autozone and have them test it, they can do it while its on the car

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black92 said:
ok but is that the problem, the alternator???
dont know for sure, go to autozone and get it tested

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
io_303 is right. Most of your auto parts chains can do an alternator, starter, and/or battery check for you. Bring your alternator in and ask for an alternator check. It's free.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or what i do is when the car is on... carefully take the positive battery wire off and turn on all ur electrical things. JUst so thatu can make sure it will keep ur car running and give enough power without any problems. cuz if alternator has problems, it will resort to the battery to power the car.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hes saying, turn your car on, then take the negative cable off your battery. that way if the car is forced to be powered by the alternator, which in turn will tell you if your alternator is working or not depending on whether your electrical s**t is working in your car.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^^^^ thnx yea thats what i meeant... sry if u didn't understand
just a DIY way to check ur alternator..

Black92

5+ Year Member
Ok get this car wont even start so im just goin to replace it, but how the f**k do I get the belt off of it to take the altornater off.

Crave

5+ Year Member
Download the service manual. There is a sticky message at the top that has a link to it. Everything you need to know is in there.

Black92

5+ Year Member
couldnt find what im looking for know, can you just tell me how to get the altornater out and put back in, I got everything loose just need it out

Crave

5+ Year Member
You can't expect people to help you if you're not willing to help yourself.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black92 said:
couldnt find what im looking for know, can you just tell me how to get the altornater out and put back in, I got everything loose just need it out
after you take out the 2 bolts on the alt it should come out with a little prying on the bracket. then just bring it out the top.