PLEASE LOOK and offer suggestions. Crashed 95 coupe...

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
So. This morning I was headed to school and pulled out in front of a car that had been previously invisible. Now, this is what my car looks like:

Here is a view down the side:

Now some frame damage right in between the door and fender (sorry for the sideways pic):

and finally, the camber plate:

sick, right?

Finally, I'd like to know what you guys think that I should do to it. I think that the frame can be fixed and the rest of the parts replaced. I'm just not sure the amount of money going into it. And any tips on removing the door? The hinges are literally unhinged, and the door is still jammed.

Thanks for any replies.
-Molasses

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate to be the one to have to say this, but unless you've got deep pockets, I think you're better off parting it out... That looks to be extensive damage, I'm no body guy though, so I could be wrong. Good luck either way, and keep us posted on your findings.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its toast bro. part whats left,and buy a new car.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly man, I don't know if it is worth fixing. That is some pretty extensive damage. For what is would cost to return it to the condition before the wreck, you might as well buy a new EJ1.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
Shoot man. That really sucks... How tough is the part out process? I also am not sure where I would sell the d16z6--it's working perfectly, along with the tranny--grrr...parting is gonna suck.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shoot man. That really sucks... How tough is the part out process? I also am not sure where I would sell the d16z6--it's working perfectly, along with the tranny--grrr...parting is gonna suck.
It's just a waiting game, if you weren't in Kansas, I'd come pull that swap for you and throw you a few benjis for it ;) If you make up a part out thread, most of the shippable stuff will go pretty quick.

Glws :thumbup:

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I showed this to the body guy at work and he just laughed. Not at the terrible accident, but at the thought of even trying to fix it. The car is worth, maybe $3k in good condition. It is going to cost 3 times that to fix it back to what it should be. Not worth it.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like others have said its not worth fixing, even if it was fixed its still will not ever be the same again as in parts lining up and working properly. Would be better off either buying a shell to swap your good parts over to or part it out and look for something else.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
Alright. So pretty much all for parting...Now get this. Was on craigslist for a bit and dialed a guy up. Check out this ad first: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3197980298.html
This guy is willing (perhaps) to do a near-straight trade for my crashed 95 for this 88 in solid condish (i think) minus the rims. He parts cars a lot, and has the space and time to do it. The engine in the 88 has 220,000 miles, which he says runs beautifully, but I need to go on more than just words. But if it passes my inspection and an inspection by Honda, do you think it's the best way to go? (PS: I race autocross, so the suspension mods, if excessively stiff, are helpful)

Thanks for all of the quick replies!!!
=)

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would probably pass on it mostly because I dont like the ef hatches and because it has a salvage title. I know it says it hasnt been wrecked but who knows.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
I'll take good care to check that out. Thanks for that note... I'd bet Honda could tell me, though. A full inspection is cheap where I am. So, disregarding salvage, perhaps???
And I love the look, personally. It was after 95 that things went downhill... =)

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good, but I would personally never buy a salvaged/reconstructed car.