Please tell me what these are for!

FoxfireEK

Please tell me what Honda was thinking about when they made this peice...

What are the four holes for?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People just put make holes in the plastics that belong there and install switches...

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's where you put your NOS buttons

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran the usb from my head unit don there and plug in my flash drive down there

FoxfireEK

yes, those are good ideas but I am more interested in what honda had in mind. I already have all the empty switch spots on the dash by the stering wheel.....

EG-CX

their is little plastic pieces that go in them people drill holes and put switches in or wutever lil small for a stash spoot unless the hole thing were to come up in the back and you wouldnt be able to tell

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've always thought they are for custom switches like if you run out of spots by the steering wheel.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive had something similar in my old 81 celica, it would be a coin/quarter holder for tolls or what not..its just missing the little holders that slide in place..

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
I think they were for window control switches. not 100% sure if it was a honda or toyota I saw that had that the other day at the shop.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Parking pole, antennae half mast, heated seats and rear fog light.....

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Or a coin slot, headlight washer, and automatic adjustable headlights. Depending on what options the car had, but those options were all pretty much jdm or edm. Hence why we have plastic covers cause the us doesn't offer , or enforce those options.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its for OEM switches like fogs, antenna pole etc. .. you can purchase or find some covers for these (i have mine if you want)..

FoxfireEK

Thanks for the Help. that was an image i found and was just wondering what there intended use was. i still have my covers.