Polish for exhaust by Mothers?!?!

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im going to be getting a detail on my car this weekend.
I think im going to polish my exhaust afterwards (Apexi N1(.
I saw these 2 products at advanced today and was wondering if anyone has some insight on them.

Which is better of the 2 or which have you used and your outcome?

Mothers Billet - $14.00

Mothers Mag & Alunimum Polish - $6.00

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never used either, but be prepared to put a decent amount of elbow grease into this detail.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've always just used some steel wool and some water. Works great for me.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, not so much the product, but the elbow grease is what will make it shine. and +1 for Apexi N1

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish works great. It's cheaper at Wal-Mart also. ($4)

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: on the mothers mag and aluminum polish, for best results use your finger tips in a circular motion until the polish turns black and wipe off... detailing secret

ryanM

for an exhaust, its going to take more than just polish to clean it up (most of the time), if it has a lot of stuck on road gunk and grit, try taking off the rear section and wet sanding it with 800+ grit paper and soapy water, then follow with polishing. it will look like new.

mag+aluminum polish rules though

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah mag and alum polish. if you do it every few months it won't take more than 10 minutes at a time. and don't sand on polished metal, it has a grain to it that you don't want to mess up. buff it with a cloth wheel and the polish if you want to save yourself the elbow grease