POLYURETHANE FRONT LIP type R

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so this kid on craiglist is selling a lip for $40 bucks. he says its polyurethane. Sounds like a very cheap price. I had bought my old one for $70. You think it is the same quality? or does it sound fishy? He says its new and he says other parts as well.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only one way to find out

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Replica lips are cheap and a dime a dozen. He's probably just trying to get rid of it. Go take a look at it in person. And bend it. If it breaks, it's plastic lol. My polyurethane lip got shipped to me folded completely in half.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so bend that sucker in half? haha i could do that. if it snaps its plastic, if not its good?

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
what city did you find that in? Cause i'm selling a p/u rear lip for $40 in Phoenix but your post says front...I'm selling mine just to get rid of it

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So im looking at my old lip, I had broke it in half while driving in the freeway (hit trash on the road), and it does not bend at all. The guy i had bought it from last year said it was polyurethane, i believed him. now im thinking it was ABS. is it? i tried bending it and i heard a crack.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The guy is from Riverside, CA. he had the same post 2 weeks ago and was selling the lip for $50

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
The guy is from Riverside, CA. he had the same post 2 weeks ago and was selling the lip for $50
Ahhh, ok then it's just a coincidence..
as for your other post..you probably had a plastic one cause polyurethane is real easy to bend without it breaking. If you heard a crack, it's probably plastic.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well since the plastic one broke on me, i would now try the pu. good thing i never painted it yet.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so it was polyurethane material, but that didnt fit snug at all. it came up short about 1/2" short from one of the sides. he said placing it in the sun, i will be able to stretch it and attach it good. not sure if thats true. however, I didnt buy it cuz my old ABS lip was 100% snug, dead on. So I assume the Polyurethane should fit snug as well.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Poly lips always have bad figment cause of the material being able to stretch. They will hug the bottom of the bumper and if you look at your car from the front you'll be able to see more tire. I never use pu lips anymore because of it's "hugging" to the bumper. Just be careful when you drive , I've had my c/f lip for a couple years now and it's still in great condition

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
i havent had any problems with the couple lips ive bought on ebay that were cheap. the last one i bought was a type r style lip for the accord i use to own. it didnt fit in the box, so it was a bit bent. i placed a heating pad on it over night and in the morning it straightened out. i sold it for 40 bucks to some guy off of craigslist for40 bucks. i liked it, butit was much too big and my car was dumped. in fact the OEM lip i bought after that broke. so the ebay lip was quality and was better and it was cheaper to buy.

BlakexxJDMxx

Hey I'm new to the forum and I'm about to buy some mugen style bumper lips I believe they are polyurethane as well. I have a few questions as far as painting. I'm gonna have the stock side skirts painted along with the lips painted to match the car. I also have a spoiler that I'm wanting to paint black. I was wondering how much paint would i need of matching color (for lips and side skirt) and how much paint i would need to paint my spoiler black. I have all the equipment for painting I just could use some help on how much primer and what kind i should get and how much base coat and what kind and how much clear coat. I have been quoted from some shops for 350-600 to have all of it painted but thats not really in my budget so if anyone could help with some tips with the painting. Or even if anyone around Waconia, Mn is willing to paint for cheap I would go for it

Spyro

5+ Year Member
I got my PU CTR lip on Ebay for 40 bucks, mine wasn't bent in half, but that was because I chose to have it shipped as is, not bent.... When I got it, I bent it all over the place and it was still good. (The lip definitely hugs the bottom of the bumper and exposes the tires a bit, but it looks pretty good still. I realized this when I took off my bumper to put my black housings) Here are some picz of mine:

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I paint a lot of bumpers and treat them all the same.
If it's non-painted they need to be 1st washed, & scrubbed with a scuff pad.
Then it's important to spray a couple of coats of adhesion promoter.
I do that for any plastic.
Then epoxy primer, one that's flexible.
epoxy greatly reduces the rock chips.
then paint as usual:cool: