Pop

natedoggx331

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everytime my wheels are turned to the side and i try to accelerate i hear this poping noise from under my car. also when i go over bumps and stuff i always hear this creaking noise. i have preformance techniqes front and rear tie bars and strut towers but still have stock struts. i have no idea where to start looking to solve this problem so i thought u guys could help thanks

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the first one sounds like your cv joint,

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The first i agree is the CV joint is going out. The second one, i would check the bushings on the swaybars, or your ball joints, they may need to be greased or replaced.

Zeo

CCSC #41
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this happens for me but only when i turn hard to the right, is this dangerous?? and how do i fix the joint?? is it expensive??

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just buy a new one at a parts store and replace it... its really not that hard if you pay to have it done it will cost in the range of $150-200 per side USD

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by natedoggx331
everytime my wheels are turned to the side and i try to accelerate i hear this poping noise from under my car. also when i go over bumps and stuff i always hear this creaking noise. i have preformance techniqes front and rear tie bars and strut towers but still have stock struts. i have no idea where to start looking to solve this problem so i thought u guys could help thanks
are you lowered?

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by natedoggx331
nope, still riding on stock springs and struts
hmmmmm wierd.....

I though i had a suggestion, but nevermind....

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Removing your CV isnt too bad, but you should replace it, cuz if it breaks, quess what, your not going anywhere but too the phone to call a tow truck. I havce busted several axles/CV's. Easiest thing to do is buy the entire axle cv assembly, then its a matter of taking off your wheel, disconnecting the hub so you can slide the splines from the axle out of the hub assembly. Dont actually remove the hub, just remove it at the lower points and let it hang from up top, then slide the splines out, and then pull the axle out of the trans. You will need to have a pan under teh trans at this point as it will leak fluid, and you will need a new axle seal. Remove the old seal, put new one in, put new axle in and bolt it all back together. That is the jist of it. Good luck.

natedoggx331

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car now makes one big pop everytime i accelerate hard or brake hard. does that still sound like the CV joint is going out or somthing else?

civic_style95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i got the same prob. looked at it figured it out and the way i figure im just gonna save up for the whole axle cv assembly for both sides. after i do this the popping will dissapear!

civic_style95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well finally got the money and decided to go with the cv joint assembly and hub combo. There are two places to get the axles but I'm having a little trouble deciding which one has better qualityand assembly. The parts and their websites are on my poll in my cardomain site. My site is www.cardomain.com/id/civic_style95. Please either take the poll on the site or reply back in this forum. Thanks guys any help would be great!

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn.. it took you that long to get the money?

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the creaking noise mentioned is the springs. mine does that too, when going over speed bumps slowly you can hear them spreading out, its fine

civic_style95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I have other things to use the money for bills, insurance, clothes, food you get the point! Anyway did anyone check out the parts yet? Please let me know which one you guys think is better!

Mahlmann - True springs do creak but this problem only occurs when my wheels are turned and I accelerate, like turning at a stoplight. I also noticed during an oil change my cv boots are cracked and there is no more grease in the joint 'cause the rain washed it away. So therefore i'm needin' new ones.

civic_style95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK so after paying for tuition and keeping up on my bills I finally had the money. One thing I didn't count on though. I bought a short shifter from ebay and it totally destroyed my transmission. So I then had to use the money to get back on the road. After many many months of waiting and researching parts I finally bought the driveshaft shop level 2 axles. These are good up to 400whp and are track tested. When I received the axles my jaw dropped. These things were beautiful, as are any new part for the civic. Anyway I installed them myself and they are great. I can turn at any angle I want and I don't hear any popping sounds anymore! For anyone that needs new axles I would recommend driveshaft shop!