POPing sound

zoomer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just notice this pop sound coming out of my exaust when ever i sift.. as soon i let got of the clutch and give it a bit of gas between gears there is single pop thats come out of the exaust.. its not misfiring, the timing is fine its not backfiring.. any suggestions??

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
umm, yeah it's backfiring, but it's not a problem, yes this is common with cars that have a exhuast on them.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might want to check you timing too, it might have slipped a bit

badboy4life96

D-ShIzNeT
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeha that happens wid me alot too
ive noticed that the loudest pop comes whn i let off the gas at around 3 thou revs and whn the rpm's r comin down at aroun 2750rpms it goes POP!

ne1 knows y??
and is it sumthin i shud be worried bout???

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no it's not something to worry about.

Paris

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
you might want to check you timing too, it might have slipped a bit
How the hell does your timming slip your distrubutor has 3 bolts, I only use one and never has had a problem.

you just have a little gas left in the pipe igniting no biggie every one does it.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paris said:
How the hell does your timming slip your distrubutor has 3 bolts, I only use one and never has had a problem.

you just have a little gas left in the pipe igniting no biggie every one does it.
timing does slip, just beacuse it hasnt happened to you, dosent mean it dosent happe. also its not always the dist, it is also the belt, if it is old, it will strech sending the timing off

Paris

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its possiable for a bet or chain to slip but mainly due to poor matainaice. but when that happens u usually bend a valve, crack a piston the works

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paris said:
its possiable for a bet or chain to slip but mainly due to poor matainaice. but when that happens u usually bend a valve, crack a piston the works
pretty sure this guy is running a timing chain, and if tis off just a little you wont bend anything, but you will still get the poping sound

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Paris said:
please stop posting tech info about honda's, i can already tell you have no clue what your talking about.

THE REAL DEAL

Banned
i remember when my friend's civic would do that and he would say in a raspy voice, "THAT SOUND... IT'S THE CAM, MAAAAN!!!!!" :lol:

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
please stop posting tech info about honda's, i can already tell you have no clue what your talking about.
thank you, I know I dont know everything, but i know some stuff. I was getting tired of that guy

Paris

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea sure who here has had their own shop? Who own a 12 sec all motor daily driver soon to be 11? Who sells cars/parts/ all day. Just because ur some kind of e-mechanic doesnt mean you know a thing.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paris said:
yea sure who here has had their own shop? Who own a 12 sec all motor daily driver soon to be 11? Who sells cars/parts/ all day. Just because ur some kind of e-mechanic doesnt mean you know a thing.
holy shizz yo, 12 sec all motor daily driven whats you CR?

Paris

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
11.2:1 typer pistons milled head ect ect

new motors goon be about 11.7:1 85.5 mm its gonna friggen rock

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paris said:
11.2:1 typer pistons milled head ect ect

new motors goon be about 11.7:1 85.5 mm its gonna friggen rock
11.7 is it still gonna be daily driven? 85.5mm thats pretty big is that gonna be safe boring it that big?

Paris

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
of course its a sleaved ls vtec. its gonna run like butter.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paris said:
of course its a sleaved ls vtec. its gonna run like butter.
my buddy has a ls vtec wit 84.5 mm pistons 11.3:1 cr hpc coated weisco pistons eagle rods all motor 150 shot of n2o hasnt run it yet still in the build process