Por 15

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive been looking around at their products and am looking for the correct stuff to get to spray on my steering linkage and brake spindles and all that jazz.

Was wondering if anyone has ever used it and what they used and any and all experiences and what not.

Any info is appreciated!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
You on Hondatech? SHG_Riley did a great job on his midori hatch. You could find him on there or his thread.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes i am. Ive been doing a bunch of research on it and have found alternatives also but was hoping to compile others experiences in one thread.

Some people use the spray and others use a brush to put it on.

Just looking for insight while i continue searching!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive heard very very good things about that stuff, and given the proper chemistry it should work. id say go for it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ended up ordering a product called zero rust. It comes in an aerosol can so i will keep u guys updated!

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, looking forward to hearing a good review from you on this stuff.

miguel329

Ive used por 15 for awhile works great. Also I just started using rust bullet instead works really well. Por 15 needs a top coat if it gets uv, prep stuff that you need to buy (marine clean and something else) rust bullet just make sure there's no rust flakes no prep just paint. Works really well I coated underside of my cars and stuff is hard to scrap!so it won't come off, don't get on skin takes forever to get off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pretty interesting, comes to show that the product that involves more prep work and additional chemical such as solvents would work a lot better. Good find

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used Zero Rust brand.

I wire wheeled everything. Then sprayed and wiped down with starting fluid.

The Zero Rust came with a pre soak that allows the product to stick better using science. But it was too cold to mix it up and i was anxious to see how good it looked( plus i have 6 cans so i can redo it if need be).

What i started with. Still nasty after a weekend soaking in the solvent tank.

Tear down.

Wire wheeled. Before and after.

Ready for Zero Rust.

After a few coats.

It says after its properly coated there is no reason to put any more coats on. It just makes it take longer to dry.

If this works out on the spindles then i will be coating a lot of other parts on my project. Stay tuned for updates.