Possible CV axle Problem

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
Seeing if anybody has had this same problem, i was told it was the cv axle, not sure though. Whenever i turn right and going at a farily slow speed, a ticking noise comes out of the front right part of the car, kinda by the wheel, ive taken it to honda and they've checked the cv boots (i beleive thats what they said) and said it all checked out fine.
Anyone delt with this before, any help would be greatly appreciated

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
power steering fluid low?

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
i havent checked that, but i dont think it is, ill check that in the morning and if it is im gonna feel like a dumbass, any other suggestions

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont feel bad i had a noise when i turned for awhile before i figured that out too

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it was more like a whining noise
i dont remember if there was in clicking

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
ah damn well i'll check in the morning as said i dont think so but thanks for the opinion, im totally burnt out on this noise and i need to replace my speakers soon cause im blowing them out avoiding hearing this click

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well at least you can use the speakers
mine are just sitting there because some faggot jacked my headunit

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
ya i have at one time i had it slammed predtty damn low, now its raised, i have about a 2 finger gap, why?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ahve a clicking noise too. im just afraid it the axle or something like that isnt seating in all the way

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clicking while turning = bad outer CV joint.

both of mine are bad right now lolz. i have two new axles waiting to be put in, i just need to find the time.

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
Bcuz if u drop it and don't get alined alot of stuff could wear faster u kno I got the same problem and I got it alined it was coo;)

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
i had my local honda dealership check the CV boots(?) the rubbery part and they said it was fine, as far as the actual axes go, they said that was fine too, but everyone ive talked to said its more then likely my axle........ugh does anyone wanna buy a civic

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just cause the rubber boot is fine doesn't mean that the axle hasn't gone bad.

and if you want to sell you car because you have to replace the axles, i'll buy it for 100$. cause thats what new axles will cost.

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
obviously sarcastic, but idk, we'll see im pretty sure i had them check out the axle and they said it was fine

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can buy new axles from autozone for around 70 dollars. I had the same clicking on mine, had the axles replaced and it didnt fix it. Mine ended up being a bad ball joint. Only thing is you cant just replace the ball joint, you have to replace the lower arm and have new bearings pressed in. If you need more help I can give you more.. even walk you through replacing it if you need.