Possible Tweeter locations with Pictures?

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I am wondering where I should mount my tweeters. I know it's up to me and what sounds the best to me, But I want some ideas and want to see where you guys mounted yours.
I am thinking of mounting them on the door pillars or in the mirrors, since my car has aftermarket sport mirrors and I can't use the lever anyways.
So guys, where have you mounted your tweeters?
Please post pictures.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What year car? Some came with tweeter options in the door panel or on the mirror cover...

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I have a '96 Honda DX 4-Door 5-Speed. If you would have read my signature, you would have known that.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a '96 Honda DX 4-Door 5-Speed. If you would have read my signature, you would have known that.
Tapatalk doesnt show signatures...

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Did any of the '96-'00 Civics have factory Tweeters?
My friend wants to drill out holes so they are flush, what do you think of that idea?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I drilled mine in my door panel about 6 inches behind the speakers woofer

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I'm thinking the closer to me the better? Which is kinda why I wanna stay away from the mirrors?
Could you post pictures of that?

EKFour

I actually got mine just yesterday, the people installed it said to keep the tweeters and the woofer close because otherwise the sound won't blend well

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you want them as close to ear level as possible. i flush mounted mine in the door panels next to the handle in a swivel mount so i can aim them directly towards me.

i never liked mounting the tweeters next to the mids because one there way down on the floor and two because your legs block off the sound.

Attachments

Sesshomaru

Infamous Furry
The 6th gens have tweeters where the lever to adjust the side mirrors are if it's an EX or Si. And personally, placing the tweeter right next to the woofer is retarded. If I was installing my own, I'd place them up next to the handle like lowlife9 said.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 6th gens have tweeters where the lever to adjust the side mirrors are if it's an EX or Si. And personally, placing the tweeter right next to the woofer is retarded. If I was installing my own, I'd place them up next to the handle like lowlife9 said.
I already posted that.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didnt write anything but i posted the pics up...

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Well here's where I ended up mounting them...

I also mounted my engine stabilizer bar. Next project is to install a factory tachometer clusteer, and raise this car back up to its stock height! (It has stupid Tokico Blues suspention and lowering springs) YUCKY! :x

(Pictures to come of stabilizer bar)

(I should start a project thread for this car?!)

Funny I mounted these this morning and then just saw I'm not the only one. Mine swivel as well.
Next install will be a small subwoofer and a small amp.
(I wanna stick with Rockford Fosgate, any recommendations?

Sesshomaru

Infamous Furry
I have the 2009 model 12" Punch P1, and it's pretty sweet for around $120.
And what brand of tweeters are those? I know Infinity swivel but I'm not sure about other brands. After a while I wanna replace the stock tweeters in my car but I'm just hoping I can install a new one without much modding.
I don't have much exp with RF amps, but I've heard from a lot of other people they're one of the most solid amps out there. Especially the 15k watt amp. That s***s crazy. Not exactly a small amp, but they can sure build some s***.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't see the Rockford Fosgate logos. My bad. I miss everything. And clean install BTW :thumbs up:

Last edited: