* * * Post your gear! * * *

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i was looking into picking up a nikon d3100. from what ive read up on it seems to be an entry level camera and its quite affordable for my budget. anyone know anything about it? im a beginner to dslrs, but im not new to some of the fundamentals of photography.
ive taken some pretty badass pictures with some regular digital cameras if i may say so myself lol

i guess what im mainly worried about is if this camera will be a little "too" beginner. if thats even possible?
I would get it, even if you're in doubt. DSLR's hold their value pretty well. You can still sell a D40 kit for over $300 AFAIK which is very good considering how old the camera is now.

Reflector work! I took these today and I had fun shooting her. I used the gold side. I figured it would compliment her skin, its my first time trying it out.

Nothing's coming up for me. I see the img url imbedded when I quote you but nothing's working. I went to the links directly. Those are some great shots!

My original intention for this thread was to stay away from random pictures. But it seems like there aren't many people participating so we'll roll with this for now.

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha nah it's cool. Like I said, not many people participating here so might as well keep it going with whatever we can post.

But if you do have some pictures you want to share in general, it'd be great to bump the random picture thread.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what the f*** does it matter what i shoot with?
is this a d**k measuring contest?
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

We're here to talk about photo crap and our gear.

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sony A33 DSLT
Sony NEX-5 w/ Sony LA-EA1
Sony A300
Sony HLV-42AM wireless flash
Gary Fong diffuser
Sony Zeiss 16-80mm F3.5
Sony 50mm F1.4
Sony 50mm F1.8
Sony 55-200mm F3.5
Sony 18-250 F3.5
Sony 55" tripod
Rocketfish 70" carbon fiber Monopod
Smith-Victor standing lights with white umbrellas
62mm Cicular polarizing filter
55mm Cicular polarizing filter
...i think thats it

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I :like: that signature.

I think you're one of the very few people I've seen shoot with something other than a Canon or Nikon. I'm interested in seeing some of your work.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I :like: that signature.

I think you're one of the very few people I've seen shoot with something other than a Canon or Nikon. I'm interested in seeing some of your work.
Im just a sony geek. My house looks like i work for Sony or something haha. I have a few photos you can check out on my Flickr in my sig.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Forgot about this thread for a while...

Im just a sony geek. My house looks like i work for Sony or something haha. I have a few photos you can check out on my Flickr in my sig.
Love your pictures! They look really crisp.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nikon D60
Nikkor 18-55
Nikkor 55-200
Various Filters and Hoods
Lowepro Flipside 200 to store everything in

Pretty basic set-up, but it works for me and what I shoot (mostly car races and baseball games).

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sold my D40 and a lens to fun a D80 body. Sorry for the s***ty picture, my other digital camera is like 6 years old and a huge piece of s***. I love this D80 though. Internal focus motor FTMFW!!!! It's hard to figure out though lol.

One of the first few pics using it. I only have my 35mm af-s 1.8g right now. Trying to sell it or trade for an 18-55 + cash. This camera has a lot more color than my D40. I love it!

Last edited:

Platinumcloud

All Canon gear
5D mkII
50d w/ batt grip
580 flash
430 flash
24-70 2.8
70-200 2.8
50 1.4
Sekonic light meter
pocket wizards and other misc things

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay so after much debate, and many MANY pm's to CHILD, I picked up the following:
- Sony A350
- Sony 18-70mm Kit lens
- Sony 55-200mm Zoom lens
- Sony 50mm 1.8 Lens
- Minolta 35-105mm lens
- Sigma 70-300mm Lens
- Random continuous lights, an umbrella, bag, backdrop stands with cross bar, and an OLD Bower external flash...
I found all this for just over $600 total. Planning on getting a Sony external flash, something that will work wirelessly, and sell the last two lenses listed. Here's an iPhone pic of the important stuff....

Untitled by Xclusively4GOD, on Flickr

Up next on the buy list is the Sony HLV-42AM wireless flash, a 75-300 Sony zoom lens (I want all sony), a Gary Fong Diffuser, and the VG-B30AM Battery grip.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn my body alone costs $400 lol. I don't know anything about Sony's but that seems like a great deal! Nice!

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks, I totaled everything out, finding prices online for them and it all came out to like $1800! I was excited when I saw the deal I found.... Talked the guy down from $900 to $500 then I got the 50mm 1.8 for my birthday....

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to get into photography but I just simply don't have the cash :/ Maybe one day!