?? power door lock swap ??

bambamroyal

hi i was wondering what is nessasery for the instalation of power door looks on a dx... i have a second civic same year that has the power locks, and i will be switching the doors from one car to the other... I was thinking if its not to much hassle that id like to have the doors locks... since the doors are already all wired for it i was wondering what is needed outside the doors? different computer? fuses, relays, and what not,,, any info would pe appriciated since i have looked around and havent found much on the subject other then after market kits... Someone told me the car might already be ready to receive this option.. and would be just a matter of plugging everything up. Is this possible?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That link is for aftermarket build your own electric door locks. Op is looking to swap oem to oem.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That link is for aftermarket build your own electric door locks. Op is looking to swap oem to oem.
I understand, but you still need to wire them. If the car had he wiring already, why wouldn't he just use it? OP will have to wire them in and at least that gives him some information to possibly get started, or where to look, as opposed to none, which I thought would be better.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He has all the wires from the donor. At least that is how I understood it.

Honestly sounds like a huge headache to me. Power locks are nice but this swap could be very time consuming.

In theory, yes all you would need is the doors with all of the power guts in and just tap some power to the switch. Is it plug and play? No clue. I am leading towards no, being that the only information out there is about adapting aftermarket set ups and not oem direct swaps.