power gains

Irish SiR

5+ Year Member
hows it going lads ill be getting a eg civic SiR in a few weeks and basically i want to get it up to 200 bhp it will be about 160 when i get it so people i want to know the best way to get this extra power and how much it will cost

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
C'mere 'til I tell ya, boost and you'll be happy as Larry.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oi! 200bhp isnt much. You have a couple of routs you can go. Turbo is probably the easist, but you will probably over shoot your goal, but whos complaining. Intake, exhaust, and some nice cams can get you there easy.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hows it going lads ill be getting a eg civic SiR in a few weeks and basically i want to get it up to 200 bhp it will be about 160 when i get it so people i want to know the best way to get this extra power and how much it will cost
We talking hp at the crank or at the wheels??? At the wheels is what counts.

So if you are getting a stock b16 you are looking to be around 130-140whp. It's very hard to get a NA b16 to 200whp for cheap.

Supercharger or turbo charger is your best route plus b16's love boost.

Or you can go with all the bolt ons you can get.
Intake
Header(not a cheapy)
Exhaust
cams
cam gears
bigger intake manifold
bigger throttle body
engine management
stiffer clutch
lighter flywheel
thinner headgasket

or do a ls/vtec setup and use the b16 pistons in the 1.8 block

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oi! 200bhp isnt much. You have a couple of routs you can go. Turbo is probably the easist, but you will probably over shoot your goal, but whos complaining. Intake, exhaust, and some nice cams can get you there easy.
Your not going to get 200hp to the wheels with just these parts. Maybe a full N/A build will get you just over the 200 mark. Go forced induction. I would recommend turbocharging, but thats just my preference.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
boost @ 9psi

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your not going to get 200hp to the wheels with just these parts. Maybe a full N/A build will get you just over the 200 mark. Go forced induction. I would recommend turbocharging, but thats just my preference.
yes he wll, if not over it. Having a decent cam with a nice tune adds more power with exhaust and intake mods.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
200bhp is roughly 250hp at the flywheel. He is starting with a 160hp atf. 100hp boost, can be obtaind by fewer parts then you think, and if done right, under $1000, but you would have to do all the work yourself.

And bhp is BRAKE HORSE POWER, not far off from whp, its just messured diffrently.

Irish SiR

5+ Year Member
well lads if thats the case id much rather go turbo but i heard with a turbo its not that simple that ill have to upgrade the internals to cope with the extra pressure .and roughly how much will it cost to turbo the car ,as in have someone do it for me

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well lads if thats the case id much rather go turbo but i heard with a turbo its not that simple that ill have to upgrade the internals to cope with the extra pressure .and roughly how much will it cost to turbo the car ,as in have someone do it for me
the stock internals are good for 250+whp. ive got a b18 on stock internals with ARP rod bolts making 280whp. all you want is 200bhp you will be more than fine

to boost you need a manifold, turbo, blow off valve, wastegate, oil lines, intercooler and piping, 2.5"-3" exhaust, 400cc+ injectors, tuning device (programmable ecu or chipped ecu), and possibly a stage 1 or 2 clutch. to have someone do it for you will be twice the cost of doing it yourself. probably $2500 - $3000 US, not sure about rates in Ireland :???:

Last edited:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bottle.

U needs teh mad tite nawwwss boyeee!