power locks, windows AND mirrors not working

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i came back from college during spring break to find that NONE of my power appliances worked, locks windows and mirrors, i changed the fuses with proper fuses and it still doesnt work :evil: it sucks riding in the heat with nothing other than ur sunroof opened up :( what do you guys suggest is going wrong?

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this was a problem that i had when i bought my car

i changed the fuses, and was about to change the relays after i replaced my door... so i started gutting the door on the car to switch all the internals of the door to the new one, and i decided to see if maybe the problem could be there. me just reinstalling everything in the new door seemed to start fixing things... first the power locks and mirrors started working... and i just had the harness of the door laying in my lap pluged up to the mirrors/windows/locks, the windows however were still not working... so i finished reinstalling everything and got the door back up and low and behold the windows worked as well.

i come to the realization that it is the wiring harness. try using a wire brush and some of that spray you can get at your auto store for electircal plugs... i wanna say its called electrical conductivity cleaner, its fast drying and works good.

THIS might not be your problem. this was my problem. its not hard just to open the door as little as possible and wiggle the connector while you push buttons. This should be a good enough test to see if this is your trouble spot. if thats not your problem, it could be the relays.

sorry if i couldn't help more. I hope this is enough ;) good luck and happy honda. 8)

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i tried that to no avail... :evil: cleaned all the electrical connections and even made sure the fuses were in again, which were fine to begin with

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then it sounds like a problem with your relays.... consult your nearest manual and start pulling your hair out.

you're in for a long troubleshooting process.

could your battery be the cause ? maybe its just drained a little to much... i dunno. just throwing out ideas.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check the fuse box UNDER the hood. 99% of the time its the main fuse

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The main fues being ??? my powe windows only one when the car is on.. but when i start it and drive off the dirver side window no longer works as well as the power locks they just don't work at all... pretty crazy huh

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres a main fuse box under the hood that holds 10 or 12 fuses for the car as well as some relays, usually when you have multiple systems go out it is from a main fuse under the hood blowing out. Its in a black box, pop the top and check the fuses

hellecol

5+ Year Member
would it be a main fuse if his sunroof opens as well? seems like the door windows and sunroof would be on the same fuse under the hood.

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hellecol said:
would it be a main fuse if his sunroof opens as well? seems like the door windows and sunroof would be on the same fuse under the hood.
yeh and on top of that my drivers side power mirror works perfectly, the other doesnt, power windows and locks cease to work

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
theres a main fuse box under the hood that holds 10 or 12 fuses for the car as well as some relays, usually when you have multiple systems go out it is from a main fuse under the hood blowing out. Its in a black box, pop the top and check the fuses
the fuses are perfect condition, nothing burned or blown. not sure how to check the relays tho... :???: still not understanding how the driver side power mirror is working and nothing else power is :cry:

hellecol

5+ Year Member
it has to be the wiring between the different units if one works and the others dont. im not sure how to check or repair them though... :???:

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hellecol said:
it has to be the wiring between the different units if one works and the others dont. im not sure how to check or repair them though... :???:
well i wanna try to DIY this kuz im sure if i go to a shop for this theyll charge the s**t outta me :x