Power steering

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mine's a 1993 DX and it came with one. I think the previous owner MIGHT have switched to a manual steering rack.

But in my opinion...manual steering racks on race-prepped cars ftw.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if it didnt come with PS, i wouldnt think it would have a rack...:what:

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There are two types of racks. yes.... the kind you find on a woman

All kidding aside, there is power and manual racks. Manual just has the steering column to a gear in the rack which "slides" a shaft and the tie rods connected to the hub assemblies/knuckles, I believe there is some sort of lubricant in this.Power is the same as the above, but has hoses coming out of the rack itself to connect to a pump/compressor which has power steering fluid flowing to aid in applying the turning force applied on the wheel and works as a lubricant as well.

lorenzoOKC

5+ Year Member
well mine has to have it cause you can tell that the ower before removed the ac and p/s cause it has the ac condenser (or however you spell it)

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah then, your car came with p/s but the previous owner removed it.

Manual racks are usually found on the lower end cars while power would be found on the higher end cars.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look at where the steering shaft comes through the fire wall and connect to the rack. you should or shouldnt see 3 spots where a hose could connect to. If they are there its a PS rack. If not then well it's not.

If you need a PS rack I would sell you mine but I dont know about shipping due to the weight

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your car has a manual rack and you want to fit a power steering rack on it, you will need a new subframe as well. The body of the power rack is MUCH larger than the non-power rack. There is clearancing on the subframe meant for a power rack.