Power Window Issue (Front Passenger Not Going Up with Master Switch) 2004 LX 4DR

hyper_cool

Hi Guys,
Thanks in advance guys for your help. I tried looking and searching the internet but couldn't find a concrete answer. I haven't dismantled my door yet to figure it out but below is the issue I'm having.

My Front Passenger Window(RIGHT Side) is NOT GOING UP using the master switch on the driver side. However it does go DOWN using the master switch. Also the switch on the Front Passenger Right side works fine since I can control the window to go Up and Down on the passenger front switch. The problem seems to be on the master switch Going Up.

Do you guys think it's the master switch? All the switches works in the master switch except for this Front Right passenger Window Not Going up.

Do I just replace the whole module? I kind of open the bezel that covers it and it seems it's held with few screws but it seem it's a 1 piece. Can you any body care to give me some tips and tricks to fix this. Thanks again for all your help.

Please don't shoot me, I really try searching the net and it seems people have different issues at different times.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a bad switch. It should be a whole unit and is very easy to replace. Remove door panel, unbolt/unscrew switch unit, replace, and reinstall door panel.

hyper_cool

Sounds like a bad switch. It should be a whole unit and is very easy to replace. Remove door panel, unbolt/unscrew switch unit, replace, and reinstall door panel.
I thought so too. Although, I was expecting I could fix the switch somehow, it might be expensive. You guys have any idea how much this cost? Is there a quick fix. Also do I really have to remove the door panel? I was able to remove the bezel that covers the switch underneath and I can access the screws. Thanks for the help.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be my go to. First thing I would have checked. If you are hurting for the $25 you can test the switch continuity with a tester at each terminal and each function of the switches.

No there is no fixing the switch unless you want to dig it apart and find out which part of the circuit board went bad. Why would you want to go through that much work though?

Haven't worked on this gen in a long time, you might not have to remove the whole panel to get that one out. Google is your friend on stuff like this.

:thumbs up

Tyler K

Im betting yes it is your master switch because it happened to my civic only it was my rear driver side window. Whatever you do DO NOT buy the part from Orileys or Autozone. Yes I know lifetime warranty....NO ITS NOT you may get one more switch and that is it. Itll last 9 months and go out again and youll be right back where you started. Go ahead spend the extra money on the Genuine Honda part and be done with it. Im on my second/last switch, it was cheap thats why I did it I regret it to this day.