Power Window Issues

TexRodeo

Hello Fellow Civic Owners,

I have a question with my one power window on the Right Rear Side of my '03 Civic-EX Sedan.

I have checked Fuse 25 in the interior Fuse panel thus far and it seems to be good.

I have dealt with power window issues before on my previous vehicle which was a '93 Infiniti J30 Sedan. The Drivers Window Regulator went Out when the Cable Snapped when I was rolling up the window in Summer of 2015 and then And that Fall The passenger Side Front Window Motor went Out. But when that went out I was still able to move the glass up and down by hand but this one will not move on my Honda.

I Guess My question is should I be looking into a Power Window Motor or is there another train of thought here?

Thanks,

Larry

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello Fellow Civic Owners, I have a question with my one power window on the Right Rear Side of my '03 Civic-EX Sedan.

I have checked Fuse 25 in the interior Fuse panel thus far and it seems to be good... should I be looking into a Power Window Motor or is there another train of thought here?

Thanks,

Larry
Setting aside the needless filler, the problem is that the right rear window will not move. We need far lore helpful info, such as whether or not you hear the motor engaging, if you have removed the door panel and inspected it, if you've checked to ensure the glass isn't wedged onto the channel seals, if you've tried libricating the channels, and so on.

You would find all these suggestions by using our search function.

TexRodeo

boofoo,

I had tried to move it by hand but I don't want to force it, yeah? So basically the same thought to test the motor as the actuators, right?

Ohh Like I said, I went though Power Window Issues Twice with the '93 Infiniti J30 as well. The Drivers door Regulator Broke and the Window Glass Fell to the Bottom of the Door, By the Grace of God it didn't break. And then shortly afterward the Passenger front door the motor failed in that one but I could move the glass up and down by hand, But then again I had the door card off. But that particular motor on the J wasn't totally gone. Once I had it off the regulator, It moved but seemed very weak. I will say It was always fun to locate parts for a car of that vintage that was only made for a short 4 model years.

Anyway, The Window regulator and Motor design was very similar or the same basic design as this one on the Honda from what I have found out thus far. From what I understand there seems to be some variations between the US built Civic and the Japanese version as far as these Window Motors and Regulators, Yeah? But one thing I am not sure on...from what I gather is the front and rear motors the same as long as its the left or right side?

Its all a Learning process from what I have gathered over the years, It was the whole 9 years with the Infiniti. Jacqueline J30 and I had our fun times with various projects believe me...LOL And I think the same will be true with my latest car Siobhan "Sian" Civic, Ohh well it gives be something to do. Of Course I am one that is usually very meticulous with my cars, every one that I have ever owned.

Thanks again my friend.

TexRodeo

Ahh Now that's helpful, thanks. All I have is a Chilton's manual.

Yeah it seems to be the same basic design as the Infiniti was. Its just looks like there is motor on the Civic is more of a gear pattern on the end instead of a squared end, But other than that it seems to be very similar and dare I say, almost the same basic design. So I do have some experience there. So basically if the motor moves by bypassing the switch and running power directly from the battery, that would, by a logical process of elimination mean that its most likely the switch itself. But the window in question also don't work from the master switch either. So It sounds like we may have narrowed down a little bit at least until I get that panel opened too look closer...LOL I've already been in the driver's door already, replacing a broken plastic door handle. I'm Obviously not afraid of messing in the doors as I have some experience with the Infiniti and even some experience replacing these plastic handles in a '92 Camry-XLE which they were very prone to break.

I was thinking something, the reason that I could move the regulator by hand while in the door of the Infiniti was possibly the design of that motor. But, Yeah, I think That trick with the battery would help me troubleshoot a few possible issues until I get to the ultimate Culprit to have a working window back there again.

I'll Try that with the battery and let you know what the result is.

Thanks again.

TexRodeo

boofoo,

Your Idea was spot on...!!! I removed that door card and ran the wire from the battery to the Right Rear Door. I then unplugged the two prong window motor connector and ran the two direct lines from the battery directly to the window motor and it sprung to life, up and down the window went. I was just about to take the switch from the Left rear door and I was like No....Let's just plug this all back up and plug the right switch from the door card into the connector, It starts to work that way, so I then checked the Right Rear switch in the Master Switch and it also works, So the only thing that I can think was that somehow or another there must have been a loose or intermitted connection at the two prong motor connector.

So Now, If the Two Power Door locks on the Left side of the car would be so easy, I then would have many of the fiddley things about knocked out and then, hey, best of all my Keyless entry would operate correctly.

Thanks Again Buddy!!!

Larry