power window pissing me off!!!! keeps becoming un-even

civicvette

5+ Year Member
So I have had the driver door off like 4 times since I have owned this car. I have replaced the entire motor/actuator 2 times. It is from autozone though, it's not the honda one. That might be my problem or part of my problem. Anyhow - the damn thing will work fine for about a month, and then the front glass (by the door handle) will sag a bit, whereas the back corner of the glass will pop out of the channel right when it gets to the top. I can't see anything wrong with the window channels in the door. Someone mentioned that theres a small bolt in front of the speaker at the bottom that moves the window channel, but when I removed my bolt, the channel will NOT budge. Not even with a large screwdriver in there pushing on it.

Any ideas??? Any would be appreciated!

Thanks

RonJ

Banned
Try spraying some silicone lubricant into the side rubber channels to prevent binding of the window glass. Are the rubber channels damaged?

civicvette

5+ Year Member
I don't think so. Even when I push up the window all the way, the tint shows me how its not sitting up right. You can see more gap at the front corner by the side mirror, and the back corner looks like its not angled up in there exactally correctly. When I push the window from the inside of the door and get it all the way up, even though i tighten the screws up tight, there seems to be a tiny bit of play where it comes down a tiny bit.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
something's out of alignment with the tracks :???:

civicvette

5+ Year Member
Yea, I figured it must be, but I don't know what. I can't see anything... but there 'seems' to be a little too much play in the window inside of the tracks. Not sure how the hell you can even adjust the tracks on these cars...

I bought the car like this, and have been struggling with this for about a year now, ugh.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is all the weather stripping tight and in place? maybe its coming loose somewhere.. :what:

civicvette

5+ Year Member
Well, it goes up fine til about 10 inches from the top. The it starts to come off track. So I dont know if I'd blame the track in the door exactly. Damn, I am about to just replace all the weatherstripping on this one door just to be sure. I was just wondering if anyone has a secret tip, or if its possible to adjust the channel somehow.

civicvette

5+ Year Member
thanks RonJ. I screwed around with it for about an hour tonight. I greased the crap outta each channel. I also adjusted the roller guide bolt at the bottom left to change the angle a little bit and get the glass a little straighter. Goes up and down great now. There is still a little play in the autozone actuator. If anything, I think that might be the culprit. Time will tell. If this one goes, thats a fail for 2 autozones window motor/actuator assemblies. I will be getting the honda one after.

akhter19

5+ Year Member
thanks RonJ, it helped me out too...
could you tell me..if what you posted is from the owners manual..and if so..any idea where i can get the 95ex owner's manual from..?
thanks man!

civicvette

5+ Year Member
i think a PDF manual of the different parts of the car, etc, is posted somewhere here on the forum. I have one.

Search for - USDM_92-95_civic_bookmarked.pdf

It's like 88 mgs, but an awesome source of knowledge for these cars.