power wire

towncarblue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 1999 civic ex 2-door. how do i transfer the power wire from the battery to the trunk?

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
run a wire to the trunck.
are you movign your battery to the trunk? what for if i can ask?

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im guessing for an amp. there is a grommet just below and an inch or 2 towards the center from the battery(just look next to battery and you should see a black grommet bout the size of a half dollar) that leads into the passenger footwell. cut a hole in the grommet and run the wire through it, then however else you want to get it to the back (down center, drivers side?) i ran mine once it was in the interior along the firewall, then under the carpet along the door sill in some plastic square tube with some other stock wires, then under and to the side of my rear seat to the back.

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
assuming this is for an amp, ^^^^^^is correct. get an amp kit and connect the power wire to the positive terminal and feed it throught the fire wall. then run it to the rear and into the trunk.

fyi:
what ever you do, do not run the power wire and rca's on the same side. you will get engine noise. i ran the power down the driver side and the rcas down the passenger side.

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure you get something quality. SOme kits put crappy Power wire. Go for a name brand also i seen some shitty kits in my days. lol

This is how i mounted my amp in my 96 civic. Its nice and out of the way if u need to use the trunk.

Last edited: