Pr3 o2 sensors

bobukler

5+ Year Member
i just bought a pr3 ecu for my lsvtec build in my 89 civic si......with my understanding the pr3 needs two o2 sensors...my dc headers has only one o2 sensor.....what should i do???

also....does the pwo ecu also use two o2 sensors....or just one?

Volitech

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can buy an o2 bung drill a hole where you want it and have it welded on....

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure if you drill a hole for the sensor don't drill the header, drill the exhaust pipe.

bobukler

5+ Year Member
?

Blahman240 said:
Make sure if you drill a hole for the sensor don't drill the header, drill the exhaust pipe.
no way else around it huh......umm what o2 sensor will i need to buy....secondary then?...one wire?

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's a way to splice both o2's signals into one and then split them again at the ECU. do a search, im sure you wont have trouble finding it.

EF Honda EF

yea i did it on my b16 swap. u pin out C8 and just run it a little and tap into the first o2 sensor. u can run it to the wire right before it goes into the ecu so u dont have to run the wire far. that way the 2nd o2 sensor is just getting the same reading as the first and no drilling is needed. im not sure of the pin number of the 1st o2 sensor.

trainjunkie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can do that like the other users have stated, but the engine will not generate peak horse pressure with this method, either re use your stock manifold for the dual o2's or convert to obd1