Previous owner removed windshield washer system.

Dapper_Dan

Hey all, I did a search hoping to find something on this but no luck.
When I bought my civic the previous owner had already done an engine swap and had also removed the washer reservoir, pump and harness. This is very annoying to me, I went to a Pull and Pay yard and found a reservoir, pump, tubing and harness and brought it home. The install went very smooth until it came to wiring it back in. There isn't a connector to plug the harness into like the one I pulled it from. I've searched the Internet for an answer to this but can't come up with anything. Can anyone help me shed some light on this?
. This is the connector I'm talking about, obviously not the connector that goes to the pump itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There isn't a connector to plug the harness into like the one I pulled it from.
. This is the connector I'm talking about, obviously not the connector that goes to the pump itself.
Did you pull it from the correct model, year?
Could it be possible the PO cut out the harness for this entirely?

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a connector attached at the bottom of the reservoir?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you pull it from the correct model, year?
Could it be possible the PO cut out the harness for this entirely?
Could also depend on what the swap harness is out of. Some people swap over the harnesses out of the vehicles they get the engine/transmissions from to make things easier to plug and play. If the engine harness is out of a 6th gen, integra etc., it more than likely won't have a plug that matches up to this 5th gen. More than likely going to have to fab up something or source out a plug from the correct car.

Dapper_Dan

That's a good point. The engine came out of a 93 integra. I'll have to do some digging and see what it's wiring harness/connectors look like. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk