Prewired for vtec?

civic2.0

5+ Year Member
ok before i get told to "try a search" let me just say i did and what i found didnt answer my question. question is, where there some 92-95 civics that were prewired for vtec even if they didnt come stock with a vtec motor? if you know that there is a thread on here about to this, please post the link on here or any help would be great.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
only 92's and only to the strut tower plug, still have to go the rest of the way to the sensor in the engine harness. But the oil pressure switch and vtec solenoid are wired half way. Lucky if you do have a 92 because it saves a little bit of trouble wiring up pinouts.

civic2.0

5+ Year Member
ok thanks. im really glad to hear that cuz my little brother just got a 92 4dr so that makes it so much easier.

civic2.0

5+ Year Member
so your saying that a d15b7 ecu and wiring harness is a si wiring harness? confused
not really. ecu's are only to be used with the motor that they were meant for unless its chipped. from what i know now, all 92 civics, no matter what model, are prewired for vtec in the main harness (from the strut tower into the car, to the computer and all that) even if it doesnt have a vtec motor. so if you have a 92 civic, swaping lets say a b16 into it just got a whole lot easier. feel free to correct me if im wrong

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not really. ecu's are only to be used with the motor that they were meant for unless its chipped. from what i know now, all 92 civics, no matter what model, are prewired for vtec in the main harness (from the strut tower into the car, to the computer and all that) even if it doesnt have a vtec motor. so if you have a 92 civic, swaping lets say a b16 into it just got a whole lot easier. feel free to correct me if im wrong
Youre correct. If you want VTEC, just put a VTEC engine in, with a VTEC wiring harness, and a VTEC computer in any 92 Civic and youll have VTEC.

Dmod

5+ Year Member
now when you say 92... I have a 93 coupe thats production date is in 92.. would i have said vtec wires already there?? i can't confirm because i haven't taken delivery of the car yet.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
now when you say 92... I have a 93 coupe thats production date is in 92.. would i have said vtec wires already there?? i can't confirm because i haven't taken delivery of the car yet.
unless its an ex or a si, then you dont have vtec wires run.

Dmod

5+ Year Member
thats what i thought. but alas it's a dx. so i gotta run that vtec wires.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could but it would be a pain in the ass. just take off the access panels and youll be fine.