Price On Shocks

ayalaflorence

About how much does it cost to put all 4 shocks on a 2004 HONDA CIVIC COUPE? Someone told me STRUTS go on my car is that true? I'm just asking because i have no idea THANKS

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes struts.

and it all depends on what struts.. and who is doing the work.

we cant give you a price without knowing what you want... and who is doing the work...

if your having a shop put on OEM struts... it will be far more than you doing it yourself...

and all shops are different.

try ebaying it for new struts.. and then see how much a shop wants to just install them.

i got a full set of new OEM struts off ebay in september for 150 bux shipped. so i know it can be done cheap...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it depends do you want OEM replacements or do you plan on getting lowering springs or sleeve overs and how low do you plqn on going. you can save alot of money doing it yourself with basic tools its really very easy to do on a scale of 1-10 for the first time its a 3. step by step DIY with pics.
http://gametrax.net/springs/index.html
also if you take it to a honda dealer first stop at a convenience store pick up some K-Y jelly and some condoms cuz there going to rape you.

ayalaflorence

Thanks Man I Really Appreciate The Help.i Might Try To Put Them On My Self See What Happens

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no problem i was in your position when i first got my coil overs i went on different civic forums asking the same questions and they convinced me to do it myself and i did. that was the first time i attempted anything like that so i took my time did it rite and gained some confidence in my mechanical abilities.

ayalaflorence

Yea they're talking about $700 dollars to put all 4 shocks on. I dont know anything about being a mechanic i just know sound systems but i think im going to try to put these shocks on it'll be nice to say i did it myself but anyways THANKS AGAIN

asianaaronx

asianaaronx
5+ Year Member
KYB struts are good. I got 2 fronts and it was under $400 for shipping, install, and alignment. I did this through a small shop. The Honda dealer was saying they wanted $600 for OEM installed for only 2 fronts.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah smaller shops usually have better prices but some tuner shops have alot of overhead and charge the same if not more the a dealer . shop around if you decide its to much for you.