Probably the stupidest question in 6th gen tech...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just took off some Gold line off of my chicks car (With hand tools, it took me about 4 hours to complete! arggh!) and they all look the same.
I put some Sprint springs (again, they all look the same) with generic coil over sleeves on there and the passenger side is 1" higher than the driver side. I lowered it all the way and raised up the driver side and not much difference. Besides the fact that its HELLLLA BUMPY! Her Gold lines rode like OEM, just a 1.5" drop though.

Are lowering springs for EK's the same as in rear to front and front to rear? :x

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sleeves ride like balls, im about to ditch mine, its f**king horrible

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont think so. im not an expert but i thought the ones in the front were bigger (more weight or something)
*correct me if im wrong*

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sprint springs should have a tighter coil for the front, and a slightly taller spring.

with a more spaced, shorter coil in the rear.

at least thats how it was with my old accord

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sprint springs should have a tighter coil for the front, and a slightly taller spring.

with a more spaced, shorter coil in the rear.

at least thats how it was with my old accord
To be honest, they looked EXACTLY the same!! haha. Suspension owns me. Ill switch the rear passenger with the front driver on Thursday and see how it makes a difference. If not, ill just put the Gold Lines back on.

sleeves ride like balls, im about to ditch mine, its f**king horrible
Lemme guess, You are riding on OEM shocks?
Sleeves arent taht bad, my brother has them in his EF along with some Tokico blues and it rides very nice! Keep in mind, we replaced his old shocks that were the OEM ones from when the car was new. :shock:
His springs are backwards too, I just found that out as soon as I asked on here. Both the fronts are on the rear.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i unno maybe im just to old for this bouncy ass ride s**t, didnt seem as bad when i was like 16 , now i just wanna get to work without throwing up

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
front and rear springs should be different. your front spring rates will be a lil tighter due to the weight of the engine.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shouldnt there be markings on the springs to tell you which end it belongs?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
fronts on the right, rears on the left.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DIY suspension owns me. These springs look so similar too. Now that I look at the Gold lines, there is a slight difference! Arggh.. Hopefully nwo that ive done it 2 times, itll be faster on the 3rd.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you put Sprint springs with coil over sleeves? Do you mean, "Sprint Coilover Sleeves?"

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you swapped the front for the rears. switch them up and your problem should be fixed. they aren't the same due to the engine being up front.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
How do you put Sprint springs with coil over sleeves? Do you mean, "Sprint Coilover Sleeves?"
Naw.. My brother put the spring coil over sleeves on his and he let me have his generic ones. So i got the left over sprint springs and put it on the generic ones.