Problem after clutch install. Possible clutch switch?

DAPC

The little plastic pieces are popped out of the place exactly in the picture you had the red arrow at. I had no idea what i was looking for that pushed the button in. Found 2 round plastic pointed pieces in the floorboard and thankfully a man at parts recognized them and told me THIS IS THE PART THAT HITS THE BUTTON AND PUSH'S IT DOWN TO START THE CAR WHEN CLUTCH IS DOWN... i went to Honda and got the parts before they closed. <$10 for both parts. Will put in and make sure they are adjusted tomorrow, to where they push the part in but not too far to break. Taking a picture of that part so others can see what it looks like. I was assuming it was metal from the picture. Yes, able to start the car mashing in the button on the clutch switch. Guess i am a show me kind of person, was so much easier when the guy was able to show me how to push the clutch switch in by hand. That small plastic part was the size of the end of a pin replacement is round size of penny, and has a point on it.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what I was referring when I asked about the rubber, you need them installed, if they aren't in place there is a hole where the button will pass through and not letting the car to start, I'm pretty sure you will only need no install them, but anyway check for pedal adjust

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

DAPC

This is the picture of the plastic part that goes where your red arrow in thid picture is!!
The problem is not likely the starter relay. That relay almost never goes bad.

There are two switches, upper and lower, on the clutch pedal. You're interested in the upper one. Check the rubber stopper (red arrow) that presses on the switch button. Is it missing? Also check the clutch pedal height and switch position adjustments. The mechanic may have screwed that up.

The lower switch is for cruise control. Check that switch too, its rubber stopper, along with the pedal height and switch position adjustment.

By the way, you may want to ask moderator lethal6 to move your post to its own thread. You've buried your question in a thread of questionable relevance.

Last edited:

DAPC

The following adage applies: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
lol you are right! Sorry. I do appreciate your help, what you said clicks now that i saw it. I cannot get the picture to post here of the plastic part!
the picture will not post i put it in my Garage here so if anyone needs a picture of the plastic part it is in my garage.

DAPC

Thank you so much Lethal6 i have to learn how to do that! You are awesome lethal6 with your help here! Very much appreciated! Thank you also RonJ. sorry i am not a better student!

DAPC

Help!! There has got to be a secret to getting the plastic piece back in the top hole!! I have even had 2 men try to pop it in and cannot.... Does anyone know the secret??!!

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe warming the rubber and using vise grips and some kind of lube

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk