problem!!!! need help

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys..me and a mate installed the system yesterday
connected all the wires, and it worked the first time...but 10 minutes later wen i start the engine the HU turns off by itself, dunno whats wrong ...like you can still eject and insert cd but it just turns off automatically afterwards...does this ever happen to any of you? please help me..

tried disconnecting amp wires and but the HU still turns off by itself.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you didn't get the memory wire hooked up. Have you checked your wiring in the back of your deck?

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the memory wire? i mean everything is hooked up like before..oh and the clock isn't working..
i checked the radio/cig fuse and it was ok ...
one other thing, before this problem my HU doesn't resume music, it restarts the whole cd again!! so weird, must be the memory wire like you said which i dun think i have.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, if your clock isn't working either its the memory wire, should be the red wire out of the back of the deck, but I believe the memory power has a separate fuse.

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh that wire is connected, must be the fuse..you know where it is? under dash or hood and how many amps?

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take the HU out and make sure every wire is connected to its correct wire.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LouisVEi said:
oh that wire is connected, must be the fuse..you know where it is? under dash or hood and how many amps?
it would be under the dash, should only be like 10amp, its just a memory wire so it doesn't carry much power

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey it was actually a 7.5a fuse under the hood
thnx guys...damn now i have sick bassss!!!!

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, cool, I'll have to remember that one, glad that was all the problem is, have fun with your system!

Azoodica

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
happened to my friend too he still hasn't fixed it though