problem with hids shaking over bump

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does anyone with either an hid kit or retrofit have the light beam shake when going over bumps in the road? or am i the only one. cant figure out how to fix but seems to be a problem with the bulb moving around in the housing. my audi retro is doing this and my old catz kit also did it.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe try a rubber washer to make it squeeze tighter:what:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Nope, i'm not having this issue, mine are in there nice and tight.

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My brother has an HID kit and I notice that the bulbs do move a little on hard bumps, but they are hardly noticeable. Guess the bulb isn't tight enough for you bro.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it is not loose, but it can move if you push on it even tho all the holes and stuff are lined up. i even have silicone around the bulb and still does it.

jdm98coupe

JDM H22A with LSD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you sure they are the right bulbs? that would be the first thing to check. then if they are, then like what spook4thecia said, maybe try a rubber washer to see if it will squeez it in tighter.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay since this got bumped, i figured out the problem. its not the projector or the bulb moving, its the whole housing. the plastic rear of those ebay lights is so soft, you can tap it from the back and watch the lights move. i think this along with near blown stock shocks is making it worse. theres no real fix, the bulbs are tight in the projector already, and the projector is completely jb welded to the housing and also wont move. so im hoping when i get some shocks next year it will get better.

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
I have the same problem, I'm pretty sure it's not the bulbs because they're in there pretty tight. I'd put my money on the actual projector jittering in the housing. The only thing I can suggest is building an additional bracket to support the back of the projector.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mine did that..i just needed to tighten the bolts more and that did the trick...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
see my housing bolts are tight, my whole projector is jb welded to the housing and cant move. im thinkin now the new shocks might help, cause when i go over bump everything in the car shakes hard.

LilJdmWannabe

CiViC uSeR
5+ Year Member
sooo you brought a ebay projector headlight and swap the projector with something else?mind doing it for me too then?LOL..

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gearbox said:
see my housing bolts are tight, my whole projector is jb welded to the housing and cant move. im thinkin now the new shocks might help, cause when i go over bump everything in the car shakes hard.
that just might be the problem in your case...!:lol:

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol yea and in the winter its worse. im just gonna ride it out for now. i have some slightly used shocks i need to have inspected but then ill prolly throw those on.