problem with new clutch

igor_adz

hxrider98
5+ Year Member
i just installed a new exedy clutch and flywheel, i put in new bearings, pressure plate, clutch and flywheel... after i put everything back together i bled the clutch and it was really soft, i mean it falls to the ground and comes back up but its really soft... i bled it a couple more time and no difference... does anyone now how to fix this problem?

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does it drive? What kind of exedy clutch? ....

igor_adz

hxrider98
5+ Year Member
its an oem replacement, the car drives good but it also grabs almost at the top

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have the exact same problem with the same exedy clutch kit.. Pressure bled it and manual bled it loads still the bite is very high almost at the top and its jst not a smooth engagement at all. HELP!

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know some one on CC once told me they have a light pressure plate but i still dont get why my bite is so high.

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your Civic is like mine-you didn't bleed it enough.
The line goes uphill right after the clutch master cylinder and if you don't bleed
it a lot, and real fast, the air bubble just floats back up and you never get it out.
That's probably your problem. I fought that for a long time once, but after bleeding the
hell out of it I got some more air out and it was fine. It takes a lot.
Also start by bleeding the master cylinder first.:cool:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ :word:

yep sounds like the hydraulic line to me too

igor_adz

hxrider98
5+ Year Member
well i bled it so many times with a friend of mine... maybe it just the pressure plate.... well ill try to bleed it again and see if it changes anything....

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your Civic is like mine-you didn't bleed it enough.
The line goes uphill right after the clutch master cylinder and if you don't bleed
it a lot, and real fast, the air bubble just floats back up and you never get it out.
That's probably your problem. I fought that for a long time once, but after bleeding the
hell out of it I got some more air out and it was fine. It takes a lot.
Also start by bleeding the master cylinder first.:cool:
i remember you saying this before and somebody dissed you for it takin so long. i will try again, but i did got threw 500ml of fluid. did it with a pressure and manual. whats the best method?

thanks

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exedy clutches are notoriously soft. Its what they go for.

They still have the same clamping load as comparable clutches from other companies, its just the way their design is.

You dont need to have the brick wall clutch feel just to make it seem like you have a strong clutch. A softer pedal will make the car much easier to drive, which is the point behind it.

ACT pressure plates are the worst, major hydraulic system killers (clutch master/slave cylinders).

I went from an act 6 puck unsprung, with the extreme duty pressure plate, to an exedy stage 2. It took a little getting used to with how soft the pedal is compared to the ACT, but i loved it after i drove it for a week or so.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Advice

I just bought a dynapak clutch kit at kragen today. Does anyone know if it's worth installing. The manufacturing company is fenco. My car doesn't currently have any engine mods.