Problem with tyre scraping

Dowfujai

Hey guys im new to this forum but i havnt actually gone around asking this yet so please help me out here.....
im not sure if this is a repost but here is my problem...
Everytime i go through a corner hard my tyres scraps the body i am currently on stock eg5 shocks and dc2r springs my tyre profile is 195/55/R15...
do you reckon its the tyres over inflated or the could it be the shocks or springs or someelse like my lower control arms or rear camber??? please help me out guys cheers

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No it's not gonna be that your tires are over inflated. It'll be your shocks and springs.

....Man I'm really feeling tyred today... :sleep:

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
you may need to roll your fenders. also your rim offset may be off. if its at to much of a negative offset. the tire will poke out of the wheel well and scrap whenever your body rolls.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are the specs for your wheels?

For one, you have the wrong size tires. 195/55R15 is too tall, you need a 195/50R15.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Rolling your fenders would help out with the tire clearance. I rolled my fenders and now they don't scrape, so that might help you out. Make sure that your struts are not blown and that they still have rebound left in them because when turning you don't want your car to be swaying around.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shocks have no affect on body roll, even if they are blown. Springs and swaybars are the main components that control body roll.

Dowfujai

well the thing is that the tyres are scraping the inside of the body not the outside... my fenders are cleared and im running on 15x6.5 offset not sure but the wheels are ROTA J-SPLs and the tyre profiles i got on are 195/55/R15

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say your spring rates are too low...

But your tire is also too tall. Stiffer springs, thicker sway bars and a shorter tire and it won't rub.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the thing is that the tyres are scraping the inside of the body not the outside... my fenders are cleared and im running on 15x6.5 offset not sure but the wheels are ROTA J-SPLs and the tyre profiles i got on are 195/55/R15
Just doing a quick search, they look like they have up to a +40 offset, which you might have. With that high of an offset and that tall/wide of a tire, that would probably be the combination that's causing you to rub on the inside. Getting the right tire size coud very well solve the problem.

I'd say your spring rates are too low...

But your tire is also too tall. Stiffer springs, thicker sway bars and a shorter tire and it won't rub.
He's basically running stock suspension. So he's not low and the roll over really doesn't matter. The over size tires and high offset is what's the problem.