Progress springs or eibach pro-kit

2000HondaSI

I'm gonna get some lowering springs on my daily fbp em1. And looking for a decent drop with still stock-like feel. Only planning to go down 1.5 so ill still be running my stock struts. I'm also gonna be putting some rpf-1s hence the drop. So which one would be best recommended? I've heard that the eibach 1.5 inch drop tends to be lower than 1.5? Is that true? Any input would be appreciated.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have the H&R sport springs on my em1. Its about a finger gap in rear and no gap in front. Doesn't rub anywhere but since it sits unevenly front to rear it annoys the crap out of me.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The Progress springs would probably ride a little better comfort wise. Their spring rates are listed as 238lbs/in front and 145lbs/in rear. Not very stiff at all and they are progressive rate springs.

The Pro-Kit springs are only a hair stiffer at 290f/190r, they are also progressive.

Either spring will give you a very comfortable ride so long as you have either good/new OE shocks or a good set of aftermarket shocks. So it basically comes down to price and ride height for which you should go with since both will give about the same ride quality.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^Ya both are similar, I only mentioned the H&R sports bc they are also basically the same spring rates, ride height, and are also progressive.

95jdmej1

I would suggest replacing the shocks while your at it. The Eibach Pro Dampers are cheap as hell anyways. Plus, im sure sometime soon you will blow your shocks and have to replace them anyways. I'd personally rather do it all one time instead of having to do the work twice.

2000HondaSI

Thanks for all the input guys really appreciate it. I decided to go with the progress springs. Once they're in ill let you know how they ride

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^New shocks + new springs = what you would pay for an entry level coilover. But most people want to go low for cheap, so they buy $150 springs. No fault in that.