Progress vs. Asr

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright guys i have a delima here i'm ready to purchase a anti-sway bar and i can't decide which one to get if anybody can give me there :twocents: opinion that would be greatful. or can give me there reviews for both products

here are the links for both product i'm looking at
ASR
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=20481&cat=2281&page=1

PROGRESS
http://www.thmotorsports.com/progress_technology/progress_anti_roll_bar/g-50347.aspx

i know the price different is a little high but if you guys are in my situation which one would you get and why?

the car is a 92 hatchback going for track car use only and occasional driving around when weather permits it's not my dd i got another one for it :cool:

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're pretty much paying for bushings/endlinks assuming they are the same thickness. I would look up threads concerning asr vs. progress bushings and end links longevity.

I never had any personal experience with either of those, but I haven't heard/read anything bad about them either.

Ron...

5+ Year Member
Okay, lets start with this. No matter which sway bar you get, you need to get some kind of sub-frame reinforcement. Grab an ASR brace in the color that you like, its one of the best out there.

Next, you have to realize that the way the sway bars mount is different. The ASR 24mm bar bolts on like any other rear sway bar, to the lca. The Progress mounts differently. It has special endlinks that mount onto the bolt that the lca connects to the shock. This is much more effective because the two end-points are further apart.

If is was me, I'd go ASR reinforcement with the 24mm progress bar.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well thanks for the input guys i did a little more research and found out what i want to get thanks again peeps

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're pretty much paying for bushings/endlinks assuming they are the same thickness. I would look up threads concerning asr vs. progress bushings and end links longevity.

I never had any personal experience with either of those, but I haven't heard/read anything bad about them either.
Agree, the bushings and endlinks are better from ASR. I have their endlinks on my rear swaybar and they're nice. But, even with the same thickness, the torsion in the bars could be different. Not sure how these would differ though...

Okay, lets start with this. No matter which sway bar you get, you need to get some kind of sub-frame reinforcement. Grab an ASR brace in the color that you like, its one of the best out there.

Next, you have to realize that the way the sway bars mount is different. The ASR 24mm bar bolts on like any other rear sway bar, to the lca. The Progress mounts differently. It has special endlinks that mount onto the bolt that the lca connects to the shock. This is much more effective because the two end-points are further apart.

If is was me, I'd go ASR reinforcement with the 24mm progress bar.
Yeah you'll want a subframe brace. The Progress kit should come with one already IIRC. It's just like ASR and Beaks kit, they're all the same minus the bling bling flashy tie bar. Not sure if this is the rear swaybar from Progress that mounts to the shocks, I'm not a fan of it but I'm sure the difference is minimal.

If you have the money, go with the ASR. If you don't, the Progress kit is still a very good option..