Project: 240SX...Commence!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright...some of you guys know I go through cars like nothing...the last car I had was my 1990 Mazda Miata. Loved that car, had big plans for it, but lately it's been hurting because it's my only car and it has no room! Money wasnt well enough to purchase a daily..

Then! I moved into a new place with my girlfriend and my buddy Dan, and he's a 240 freak, and his 240-ness must have rubbed off on me. I love his pearl white Silvia...and I found this guy who offered me a riced up 240 hatch. I was skeptical at first, but after I looked past the body kit and vinyls, the interior was immaculate, exterior is pearl white and gorgeous, and it already had my favorite part of all...jdm 180sx kouki tail lights!

Here's some info on the car:
1991 Nissan 240sx LE or SE, still gotta carfax it and find out!
122k original miles
comes with ABS, LSD, and hicas (4 wheel steering) Rare package!
Tokiko struts
B&S springs
Complete katskin leather reapholstered interior
180SX tail lights
Greddy gauges and shift knob
Perfect body, perfect pearl white paint
Greddy exhaust
Injen intake

I'll snap more pics tomorrow, but I've only owned the car for less than 24 hours, so here's my progress!

How I first got it:

A little ricey...yeah? haha. Anyways, brought it home, and started to de-rice the car.

Here's a picture during..next to my friends s13 coupe

Cleaned up rear end

And after! No more body kit, vinyls, etc.

New shot of my friends coupe with silvia front end...next to his new Work Equip's!

Hope you guys like it! It's a new project for me, kind of had to take a stab at it, but it's SUPER comfortable to drive. I think I made a great choice!

Next mods to come:
New wheels/tires
Suspension
180SX spoiler

Let me know what you guys think!

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good grizzum. Do a 180 front clip on it. I love the Sileightys sooooo hawt

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Chris. I might, I love a good 180SX though! Still gotta get rid of the wheels, and get some suspension on there then I can focus on other stuff haha.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup. Sad to see the Miata go tho

emerican

Registered VIP
Nice man i like it night and day difference after stripping the rice off it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. Nice job. 240's don't deserve to be riced.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. Yeah it was pretty horrid when I first got it, but it's looking better! Still lots of work to be done.

Here's the last day I owned the roadster...looks like such a horrible trade lmao.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn, sad to see you let go of the mazda man.. but at least you picked up something nice with potential!

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup, but do you have any parts laying around for the Miata or did everything go with it...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks fellas. I'm sad to see the Miata go, but this will be a great build I believe!

I think all the parts went with the car, but if I find any laying around I'll let ya know.

Well my buddy had a set of S14 wheels laying around with decent tires so I picked them up for cheap. Unfortunately my 240 has some odd pair of 5 lug hubs (still not sure wtf they're from...). But anyways, the wheels didnt clear the center of the hub at all. So I have to run spacers...but this is what its gonna look like...stock, but MUCH cleaner than the gangsta 18's I had on there! haha

I will take better pics today =)

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's some pics with those wheels on.

The interior:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow that car looks great now, interior looks incredibly clean for what the outside started with

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man.
Well, small update. The engine had nasty red hoses on teh Injen intake..so I replaced basically everything with new Votion silicone couplers, t-bolt clamps, fuel hose and a filter. Looks much more subtle for now lol.

Before:

After:

Also I'm rocking my friends Work Equips for a few days while we tackle a SR swap on his car.

Coilovers should be ordered soon, cant rock 4x4 status anymore! lol.

CraigJamez42

I actually owned a 180sx when i was 18. it had an exhaust and sounded like the car startup from a video game. the problem was i was young and dumb and didnt realize what i had and sold it for dirt cheap. im freshly a honda guy but my first love is a 240! only way to drive them is sideways!!! theyre like the beefy cousin of honda. honda has the b16, b18, ls vtec, k20 etc. nissan has the sr20det, rb25det, rb30dett(monster), ca20t etc. god hates the japanese but i love em.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys!

Yeah this car is a freaking goldmine..I really came out on the top with this trade I think. Has every option, a KA with no leaks, doesnt burn oil at all, 122k original miles. ABS, LSD, HICUS, leather interior, etc etc. I loooove it!