Project: 89 Civic Restore...56k not too good

Honda Importz89

5+ Year Member
I havent been posting pics of this project but i figured i would start so heres hows it coming out so far. And i will keep updating on the progress. But heres how it is.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like a damn nice project.. what are your plans for the car

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
I dont know man you loking doofy in the pic,I think you need to let off those rhino fume`s hahahah J/P

Good Job,I still gonna spank you ass at the honda meet in spring :-P

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtf are you doing to your rods?

and lose the blockguard

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn ......project coming out real nice.....goodluck with the build up.....keep us posted....

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
He`s Grinding them that what it looks like to me ,I told him that was a no no but eh oh well!

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are you doin to the rods? and why is everryone giving thumbs down to blockguards?

Honda Importz89

5+ Year Member
Yea whats the thumbs down on the block gaurd?

And im polishing the rods, which means i was removing the casting line from the rod so its strong. The casting is the first part to crack in rods, so with it removed and flush with the rest of the rod its stronger.
So any more questions?

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some people don't like blockguards because they can dissort the sleeve alignment and can cause heating problems. As long as they are installed properly you can make some good power with them.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda Importz89 said:
And im polishing the rods, which means i was removing the casting line from the rod so its strong. The casting is the first part to crack in rods, so with it removed and flush with the rest of the rod its stronger.
So any more questions?
you spin those rods afterwards to make sure they are still balanced? or measure them to make sure they are still the same weight as the other ones?

those 2 factors are 10x more detrimental to a motor than the casting marks will ever be

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
you spin those rods afterwards to make sure they are still balanced? or measure them to make sure they are still the same weight as the other ones?

those 2 factors are 10x more detrimental to a motor than the casting marks will ever be
:werd: X2

Honda Importz89

5+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:

very very true you are right. I have not balanced them yet which i should and will do on tuesday. Thanks for that info :cool:

And as far as the sleeve alignment you were right too. We acually bored the cylinders and then honed it and it was perfect then we pressed the block gaurd in and it threw the bore off about a thousandth. so then we re honed the cylinders with the gaurd installed and its all perfect now. But for people who do use it, always check your bore with using it because it can throw it off.

Anyone got any 5 spd trannies laying around? lol

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
cool man looks like a fun project, whats up with the 6th gen in the backround? and you should change the color of that dash while everything is all stripped and naked