Project Build: Jane Honda

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@MistahJuice as far as cams im thinking stage 3 Skunk2 pro series cams with Skunk2 pro internals

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are extremely aggressive cams. you planning on rebuilding the block?

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@CHILD had not planned on it. stage 3 are just my pipe dreams lol. would it be best to do stage 1 or 2 on a stock block but built head? also though ive seen guys in person and on like videos runnin stage 1 threw 3 setups and none of them really cam over like i want. i love the vtec killer lope but i dont want vtec killer. any suggestion on cams?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk 2 tuner 2's have proved to make great numbers on mild setups as well as built heads. The tuning is the key. Also one thing to consider is when tuning even with vtec cams, most tuners go for a smooth power band making the vtec crossover seem less aggressive even though it makes the greatest output

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Put a b20 block under that head and have torque, my b20b ef was so much fun to drive. Climb a 40 degree slope at 25mph in 5th? Uh yeah Ill have that.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I'm thinking about going tuner 1's since I know there smoggable and I live in smog nazi California. I'd say the S2 Tuner 2's would be the highest you should go on stock compression. Otherwise you'll just be over camming the engine. As for the vtec thing I think i'd want the vtec xover to be a bit more pronounced, just for the sake of it lol, probably wouldn't actually tell a tuner that though haha

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@mistahjuice @CHILD @the other guy suggesting b20b lol im on my droid so its no bueno. Tuner 2s sounds like a good option ill think of those and tuner 1s. If I wanted to would I be able to run tuner 1 or 2 with stock valve train until I had the money to upgrade? As for b20 I want to do that but I know it will be expensive after I buy the block then the b20v kit. But ill think about it. And emissions aren't a problem where I live. Lol I got my car inspected and passed when I had straight pipe.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow great job on the interior swap, rims look boss, I like where your going with this build, keep it up!

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@dj_hallucn8. Thank you so much man these are the comments that keep me going! My spindles come in tomorrow!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD im so excited and can't wait to start working on the little stuff again! Check for pics this weekend after I do some more stuff to her ;)

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
B20b block will work with my wiring harness? If so ill do it no doubt. With skunk2 valvetrain :D. s**t im looking for power so b20v sounds like a great option to me if I can take the block to 8000rpms... oh and thanks for the compliments guys ill keep posting :D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The b20 block will need some extra attention to safely rev to 8 grand. As with any ls/b20 vtec motor, the overall potential and reliability will depend on how well the motor is built and tuned

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
notha update

@CHILD yeah i figured. what i may do is try to locate the block then over time just start putting it back together. use the stock crank with some better bearings, rods, pistons, rings, the works. get my oil feed line for the vtec head. then just throw it all together and re-assemble the head with skunk2 tuner stage 2 valvetrain. that would be a pretty boss setup... wonder how much hp. with like 11:1 compression. yeah that would be my ideal build. but s**t thought id let you guys know i got my hood spacers (1 inch spacers) and i picked up some hood pins all FO FREE! lol. probably get that s**t on this weekend maybe.. lol dont know with this crazy ass hurricane coming since i live in VA. im not sure what ima do with my car.. dont like the idea of high water and a fresh b16a and rims. also i have made the decesion to paint my car by myself over time. im going to start with my hood next week after i get the hood pins in. thinking spray bomb son! lol or i might borrow my boys gun but the thing is i dont know anything about mixing the paint and so forth.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a good plan for the motor :thumbs up.

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
i swear ups better be glad i didnt come up in their warehouse and start shooting that place up. I ORDERED MY SPINDLES LAST SATURDAY. they are still yet to arrive even though tracking info promised they were coming today. im so pissed off its not even funny.... my car has 3 wheels on it and is all put back together besides the one f-ing spindle... what the hell ups. im very unhappy. then in addition i was doing some tricks on my bike today and i pent the rim probably about 5 inches no lie lol. it looks funny and was funny when it happened but now i cant ride for a while... everything is breaking.

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@Jacobs23 thanks man. now if only ups and the weather would cooperate. thennnnn id be in business :shock:

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
@CHILD actually man i was looking at the Buddyclub spec III+ cams and i really like them and i think they will make great power. and i can put them on my stock B16a head. plus they are affordable and i just think they will be a good option. i may go with the whole buddyclub head setup.

jane_honda

its just a small civic.
update

well thanks to tunersports i just got done ordering my mishimoto radiator mishimoto radiator hoses red w/b16 B&M short shifter (race model with 36% throw reduction) and my shifter bushings. my bushings on my b16 are terrible and needed replacing some kind of terrible. i figured i might as well do the shiter while i got the s**t apart too. my radiator that i have currently wont fit under the hood and it looks rediculous so i got the mishimoto radiator for my car and then i just figured itd be a good call to do the hoses while im at it too and the y will look amazing red im sure. so yeah just a little update ill post when its done.. and good god i love the b16. it is such an improvement over that piece of s**t i had. im still planning on adjusting the valves monday of next week as soon as i can get my snap-on valve adjustment feeler gauge. (i get a free snap-on shirt to for being such a good customer =) PAY YOUR TOOL MAN!) changed the oil and flushed it with a quart as well. probably wont race until i get all my stuff in next week and installed. but holly s**t do i love banging tec. such a quick car now. i love it to death. even though i know its not that fast i am just so happy with my car right now.. its good to see a project start to come together. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool: