Project cars.

sampsas

Ok so now that I have been reading up on modding and stuff I now know that unless I want to sink a good bit of money into my 99 DX coupe it would be easier for me to get a project car.... So I have been looking around locally at some hondas and have found a few to look at...http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1998-Honda-Prelude-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ238391494
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Honda-Prelude-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ246091705
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1989-Honda-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ249802197
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1992-Honda-Prelude-prelude-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ249750804
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/1990-Acura-integra_13811362
Any of these good for the prices they are asking?? Not really a car guy (more of a bike guy) I own a ducati that is smokin fast!! Haven't found much that will come close to the bike saying that it has 197whp and only weighs 370ish lbs!! and that is stock!!! So back to the project car... I know the hondas are fairly easy to work on and get mod parts for and yes i know i have stated in my intro post that a stick is not in the realm for me but gonna try it anyways as the car would not be my DD just for fun car!!! so let me know what you think....

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those cars are weak, just pick up my car =)

sampsas

those cars are weak, just pick up my car =)
And how much are you selling your car for??? And where are you located??
Edit:just read your info and you are too far and in dif country!! LOL also probably want too much...

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those cars do look a little weak, pick up a gutted crx and swap and h22 into it.

sampsas

Well I have found a place in Montreal that has this...Prelude 92-96 H22A - Complete Engine automatic transmission (H22A) for $900 with List Of Parts Included:

• Complete Motor with automatic transmission
- Block
- Intake Manifold
- Complete Head
- Sensors
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Throttle Body
- Alternator
- Starter
- Ignition Wires
- Headers

• OBD1 ECU (Computer)
included...
So I could just slap that into my dx?? or get the $900 integra and throw that engine into it....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you want a project car, why not get something that can make ass-loads of power and have great handling?

sampsas

If you want a project car, why not get something that can make ass-loads of power and have great handling?
That is why i was looking at cars under$2000 with min.(or none) body work to be done... i found a couple of Canadain imports that can get B,D,H,K series engines for under $2500 with the tranny just wanted to ask what you guys thought... Plus I like the coupe style not into hatchbacks too much...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That is why i was looking at cars under$2000 with min.(or none) body work to be done... i found a couple of Canadain imports that can get B,D,H,K series engines for under $2500 with the tranny just wanted to ask what you guys thought... Plus I like the coupe style not into hatchbacks too much...
Ummm this makes no sense. I was referring to getting something OTHER than a Honda.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
CRX shell with 2jz swap.... just sayin' :what:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, like a purple v6 camaro, it owns:lol:
First of all, it was maroon which is a dark red. Second, that 3.4 V6 put down more torque stock than 90% of Honda's on this site will ever see. That, combined with a 5spd, RWD, and t-tops....I would take a '94 POS V6 Camaro over a '94 POS inline4 Honda any day.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First of all, it was maroon which is a dark red. Second, that 3.4 V6 put down more torque stock than 90% of Honda's on this site will ever see. That, combined with a 5spd, RWD, and t-tops....I would take a '94 POS V6 Camaro over a '94 POS inline4 Honda any day.
Camaro's can also kill cows, Honda can't.

sampsas

Man I would love to find a old comaro!!! Knew a guy in MD that had a 5.0 stang that he worked up and that sucker would fly!!! I am just wanting something to tinker with really... or maybe I could just get an H engine and throw it in my DX Coupe and be done with it... If I want to go all out crazy fast I just hop on my Duc and let er rip..... Yeah could sell my Duc and get a few tuner cars!!! But aint gonna do that!!! Nothing like wheelie stands in 6th gear!!!!!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I would love to find a old comaro!!! Knew a guy in MD that had a 5.0 stang that he worked up and that sucker would fly!!! I am just wanting something to tinker with really... or maybe I could just get an H engine and throw it in my DX Coupe and be done with it... If I want to go all out crazy fast I just hop on my Duc and let er rip..... Yeah could sell my Duc and get a few tuner cars!!! But aint gonna do that!!! Nothing like wheelie stands in 6th gear!!!!!
having had a Honda.. and having now a 5.0 Mustang here is the difference..

the Honda WAS probably slightly more fun in a go kart cruising on the highway kind of car... and IMO it looked pretty decent.. the downside being no matter how much you try.. they pretty much sound like s**t.. and when it get time to make some serious power (power worth paying for) the car can get kind of finicky... the 5.0 (and other big older V8s) respond well to even the most basic of bolt ons... and if you get ballsy and want to actually put a little cash into them, they can be VERY fast...... and lets face it.. V8s sound f**king nasty..

good luck in whatever you go with.. but having been down the Honda road.. I can tell you it is harder and more expensive to net the same kind of goals in a FWD 4cyl..